News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

AI is destroying a bridge they really want to use.

Started by Kletian999, May 03, 2015, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kletian999

Igor's Drawbridge battle, I use a bomb to blast the enemies bridge, but of course I had made my own bridge just off to the right side.  The enemy starts pursuing Emma on my bridge but no humans are in range.  Since I made the bridge, they decide to start breaking it, ensuring that I'll be able to make a clean getaway.  Not exactly a bug, but an edge case where the AI destroying player made objects is not something that a player would do and counteracts their primary mission of Killing Emma or Sabina

Kletian999

BTW, this log also showcases the turn slowdown that occurs after a battle has been going on for 8+ rounds.

ifulmen

AI issues are pretty much on the bottom of the list at the moment I would think.
If the unit cannot do damage to your units, but can do damage to your constructions, they do so in assumption that you would not build actually useless stuff.

Try to build the bridge in the place where the castle bridge goes down and put your units on the river bank blocking the bridge. The bloodthirsty guard will let the bridge down even if that means killing most of his man. That was even more fun before the bug with negative HP was fixed, because you could one hit all the -211 puppets and get exp for that...  :P

The challenge is not to escape, the challenge is to cut down dat op Fera.

Jolima

Quote from: ifulmen on May 04, 2015, 02:40:28 PM
The challenge is not to escape, the challenge is to cut down dat op Fera.

I finally managed that without losing any characters yesterday. Traps and pushing her into the water turn after turn is really key. Just watch out for that dodge chance of hers. :) (Although I accidentally found out that Lord Dakarai could just tank a hit from her instead of leading her into a trap when I succeeded.)

To get back to the original topic, I eventually gave up on building my bridge where the regular one was supposed to be because of all the bugs surrounding the bridge landing on characters (and annoyance at having one of my own hit when miscounting the turns).

CraigStern

Luckily, making the AI not target enemy bridges is one of the few AI changes that I can make really quickly and easily. If you check the devlog, I just stuck a condition in the game that tells the AI to ignore enemy bridges, then flipped it on for this particular battle.

Kletian999

CraigStern