News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

The Holy namelesskitty

I agree this is excessive and unusefull. Big fat nay.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

cyso

Nay. Too many attacks in one turn.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

ArtDrake

Sorry; I forgot once more that shadowporting doesn't end one's turn.

bugfartboy

The Nays have it. Idea rejected. Sorry Ducky.

Elemental Blast 2-The user hurls (insert element here) farther than normal. But this extra range renders it weaker than it's shorter range component.

Range: 3
Formula: (Varies with element with shadow being the weakest)
Cost: 10 (9 for shadow affinity)

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OODOO
OOOOO
The basic diagram. O's are unaffected, D is Duvalier facing north, and X is the affected square. What are your thoughts?

Cypher

For Rahel:
Kick

Range:1
Formula:(working on it)
Cost:0

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOROO
OOOOO

Thoughts, folks?

bugfartboy

The formula would need to make it relativly weak. Rahel is a ranged unit so any short range would need to be weak.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 22, 2010, 10:17:03 PM
Elemental Blast 2-The user hurls (insert element here) farther than normal. But this extra range renders it weaker than it's shorter range component.

Range: 3
Formula: (Varies with element with shadow being the weakest)
Cost: 10 (9 for shadow affinity)

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OODOO
OOOOO
The basic diagram. O's are unaffected, D is Duvalier facing north, and X is the affected square. What are your thoughts?

Nay. What does adding one more range going to do? It can still do less damage but their really isn't a need for it. Its like have element attack that only goes one range. Really in the end their is no need for it. Also: The Hero has 13-14 of the 15 attacks planned out (Mind Blast, Feedback, Vengeance, Vendetta(?), Mind Shield, Mega Shield, Long Shield, Big Shield, Titan Shield, Elemental Attack, Elemental Area Attack, Elemental Shield, Elemental Area Shield, Kinfe). I think Craig has the last attacks of Duvalier planned out.

Quote from: Cypher on November 23, 2010, 01:43:48 PM
For Rahel:
Kick

Range:1
Formula:(working on it)
Cost:0

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOROO
OOOOO

Thoughts, folks?

Nay. Why would Rahel need an attack that was only one range. She is more useful when used at Ranged Combat, that what she is meant for. I mean, its like Griffin a Ranged attack. They don't fit their class types.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Hmm..

What about Backshield for Arman? Like backhander for Griffin, but a low-power, niche move of a different sort. He shields the space one behind him by .5*Strength + .75*Psy Defense. Strength is a component because Arman's mental capacity for Gift ("His mind is closed tighter than a vise") uses is more of a physical thing, as it came with no Psy training.

bugfartboy

The Holy namelesskitty

Wait, your explaination is confuzzling, restate it more clearly for me please.

ArtDrake

It's in English. You're acting like it's in Latin.

Buggy, he doesn't shield himself. And he probably won't, seeing as this idea, along with every other one of my teammate attacks ideas, will go down in flames. The idea is that he's developed a sense of precaution against everything in behind to such an extent that he can actually shield a bit in that direction. It would be useful in scenarios like in the 6-man mercenary battle in the prison, where one has to rush out, assassinate an enemy, and get back to Set for healing. If Set had been injured, Arman could heal him. He could also heal Rahel behind him if he needed. I do admit it's niche, and probably doesn't fit Mr. Stern's ideas about Arman's Gift, so let's just drop it.

bugfartboy

Alright then. Idea unofficially dead. Reason: Dropped by designer.

SmartyPants

Zackirus covered my issues with "(No name yet)", Elemental Blast 2, and Kick.

Duckling, who has ever heard of a healing asssssin?

The Holy namelesskitty

I side with im2smart4u on this, it just seems unassasiny.