News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

It is, in essence, a less and more dangerous Energy Golem.  On the one hand it can attack two sides at once.  On the other hand, it can only attack two sides, not four.  And it doesn't really seem like a trap... A trap would be more like im2smart4u's mine idea, an enemy that only counterattacks.
Also: are Energy Golems immune to Mental?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

Maybe it's because they have some sort of "logic core" that allows them to think which you flood with junk thoughts.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 29, 2010, 04:52:30 PM
It is, in essence, a less and more dangerous Energy Golem.  On the one hand it can attack two sides at once.  On the other hand, it can only attack two sides, not four.  And it doesn't really seem like a trap... A trap would be more like im2smart4u's mine idea, an enemy that only counterattacks.
Also: are Energy Golems immune to Mental?

I could make it attack on all four sides, the thing is immune to mental because it doesn't have a brain/crystal power soruce fueling it thus the main can't overload its processors
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dorgon 5000

DonĀ“t you think that Dorgon golem should be finished now? I mean, this is a long time since chapter 2, and it must have been taken i production. It could be a very challanging enemy, as it uses a long, strong, attack and can walk at the same time. Stats:

Dorgon:

Health: 20

Attack: Energy blast (15 damage)

Speed: 3

Resistance: none

Barzul

I think facing Dorgon would be pretty difficult. It could cover up to 7 rows or columns (going 1-3 in any direction or just staying put) of the map in a single turn. Kind of dominates the playing field.

Bromtaghon

Dorgon's speed should be lower.  Maybe one or two.  True, the player Dorgon's speed is 3 but player character's speeds are always higher (i.e. Shadowlings + Spriggats)

Dorgon 5000

What about this one?

Dorgon:

Health: 28

Attack: Energy blast (15 damage)

Speed: 2

Resistance: none

Bromtaghon

Sounds pretty reasonable; maybe lower the damage a bit? It depends where it goes into the game.

Zackirus

It will go into in the Helenites Base which might be a bit later in the game. Coupled with many gliding archers!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Depending on when the Helenite Base becomes available, the stats might be too strong or (more likely) too weak.  Although I'd prefer the Helenites joined us, rather than attacked us...

Steelfist

Hmm, well, it will likely be possible to fight them, so the idea doesn't have any problems there.

Zackirus

Quote from: Steelfist on June 30, 2010, 11:31:58 AM
Hmm, well, it will likely be possible to fight them, so the idea doesn't have any problems there.

I agree that it is more likey that you will have to fight them then they would join you (unless we had the money of course!)

- Lord Canada

KZ

Mmm, folks, just to let you know, Dorgon has already been suggested a long time ago and has been in the formulated enemy ideas thread for some time.

What of Gelf's bird unit then? Any thoughts on that (see description on previous page and on old Gelf-related threads)?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

I think Gelfs bird thing is good, but it should have a little more health, IMHO
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

Fair enough, if it deals little damage, it might as well get a bit more initial health, otherwise it will get killed in one turn. Though don't forget that the plan is for the pet's health to be increased with Gelf's psy attack and psy defense stats, so that was the reason for initial low health proposition.

But given that now we look at an omnipresent enemy, methinks giving 28 health would be sufficient.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!