News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

bugfartboy

What are your thoughts on a game mode that if you lose a battle, you start the whole game over again because fate decides not to intervene?

ArtDrake

A Hardcore setting, is it called?

That doesn't really encourage the exploration that TSoG seems to be all about... but I still think Craig ought to answer if he will.

CraigStern

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 21, 2010, 01:44:50 PM
What are your thoughts on a game mode that if you lose a battle, you start the whole game over again because fate decides not to intervene?

Honestly, I don't think that meshes too well with the kind of game TSoG is. Perma-death works well in roguelikes because when you restart, the world is entirely different. You still get to explore something new as part of the process of continuing to play. TSoG's world, by contrast, is fixed. I can't imagine anyone getting halfway through TSoG, dying in a battle, and then wanting to redo the entire game just to get back to that same point.

Zackirus

Some Quick Questions about the Orbs:

How many are their going to be in TSoG?
How did they get from the places where they were in TRPG2 to TSoG?
Was the Hero Finding Them considered Cannon?
Are their more than one of each?
Were they in the Crypts before the Cult used them to store their books, if so, why didn't they take them?
If the Cult had possession of the orbs, why did they hide them in the Crypts?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

You'll just have to wait and see. :)

Zackirus

Is the gap between Luca and Malis on the Character Stats showing that another character will come before Malis, or is it just a glitch? If it is another character, which one is it?

Also: What happened to this little bit in the old TRPG3 Demo: Every creature in this world has a name. Many do not know they have names, but they have them nonetheless...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

What is it that affects Duvalier's Knife damage? The only thing I can get to affect his damage dealt is Level of Knife * .5; Strength has no effect whatsoever. Is this is a glitch?

And it seems that the boundaries of the Ravinale areas have come further in, and one leaves the city sooner than one did in older versions. Is this the case?

bugfartboy

What are your thoughts on Pre-Area attacks for the main? It was thought that Pyro Hail would become one and Fire Gate would be the stronger area attack. What do 'ya think Craig?

SmartyPants

Was Sibelius alive during TRPG1, TRPG2, and/or TSoG.
I only ask to find out how old of an organization the Mechanics is.

bugfartboy

On the way to the bandit cave the first time before you clear it out and before the first ambush battle, there is a gap in the landscape on the far right. The attatchment shows it. Is this a bug or...?

CraigStern

That's a bug.

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 28, 2010, 04:35:14 PM
Was Sibelius alive during TRPG1, TRPG2, and/or TSoG.
I only ask to find out how old of an organization the Mechanics is.

Yes--Sibelius was alive during TRPG1 and TRPG2, but there is some doubt as to whether he is still alive during the time of TSoG.

Idozen Cair

Can Mr. Craig Stern please post the music score sheet of the music in TRPG2 when the Hero is in Somnus? It's real cool and I'd like to see if I can play it on my piano. Many thanks!
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

I don't know about sheet music, but I've attached the original MIDI file to this post. Load it up in Sibelius or somesuch other notation program and it should spit you out something like usable sheet music.

Zackirus

Will Fife ever make an appearance in TSoG? If so: Do you mind telling us a bit more about him?

- Lord Canada