News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Do you know how the Insert Flash option on this forum works? Because if you do, Forum Games (and possibly other boards) could become a bit more interesting with some forum-goer created material.

[flash=200,200]http://static.onemorelevel.com/games3/great-dungeon-in-the-sky.swf[/flash]

doesn't seem to work, for example. And don't worry, I wouldn't post other people's games. This is just for sake of example.

CraigStern

According to this thread on the Simple Machines forums, I can embed it for you if you give me the embed tag. According to this guy, for security reasons, only I can do it.

However, I've just enabled the option on the forums, which says "This option will allow your users to use Flash directly inside their posts, just like images. This could pose a security risk, although few have successfully exploited it. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!" So, maybe you can do it after all? Give it a try.

bugfartboy

According to who? The link wasn't working.

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

I have already asked that. Last I knew, the online is coming down and a Mac/Linux downloadable demo is going up to compliment the Windows downloadable demo.

Idozen Cair

Ah. Thank you, Bugfartboy. Also, 1 more question: What is the highest level can one possibly achieve in a stat in TRPG2?
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Due to the much greater ease of updating the online demo, I'm going to continue to use an in-browser demo after I release the game for pre-order.

MikeW781

Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Why has the Map Editor been locked in the Online TSoG demo? Is it to start restricting and preparing the game for release?

CraigStern

Quote from: Bugfartboy on December 17, 2010, 05:07:57 PM
Why has the Map Editor been locked in the Online TSoG demo? Is it to start restricting and preparing the game for release?

That's basically correct.

Zackirus

What the name of the track that you used in the new: Telepath RPG: Servants of God Official Trailer after 'What is a Telepath' (The one with the men and women vocals?). Also: can you add it to the TSoG music page?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

That's not TSoG music, actually. That's a classic sequence from Polovtsian Dances out of the opera Prince Igor, by Borodin.

SmartyPants

Was the Shadowling Queen's name common knowledge among her subjects? I ask because it is wierd that we don't see her name untill the boss battle.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 20, 2010, 12:44:07 PM
Was the Shadowling Queen's name common knowledge among her subjects? I ask because it is wierd that we don't see her name untill the boss battle.

If I remember correctly, Anya receives a book called "Her Name is Unspeakable" as a gift from Festus late in the game. She has this to say about its contents: "So far, it just seems to be legends and folk tales about the Shadowling Queen. Did you know that she's thousands of years old? Also, apparently, she can hear her name being spoken anywhere in the world." That might account for the exceptional rarity with which anyone invokes her name during the game. ;)

SmartyPants

I totally forget about that book.  Like "Voldemort" in the Harry Potter series, her name is a taboo word.