News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Quote from: Deagonx on February 12, 2011, 09:41:06 PM
Will you ever make a mini RTS out of this game franchise?
I mean, its already a strategy game in its merits, but it would be cool if you made a simple little overview game out of it. I'm sure it would draw many users to Psy games.

TBS is a distinct possibility. I can't say that I have much interest in programming an RTS at the moment, however.

Deagonx

Well, my suggestion is to not have it real time

Squad Turn Based

I can't remember but I think TRPG2 used this system
Your entire squad goes, then theres.

Fallout Tactics used a system very similar to TRPG2s, but I think it would be nice if it wasn't so based around a role play. More of just a battle game.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

Quote from: Deagonx on February 16, 2011, 07:08:04 PM
Well, my suggestion is to not have it real time

Squad Turn Based

I can't remember but I think TRPG2 used this system
Your entire squad goes, then theres.

Fallout Tactics used a system very similar to TRPG2s, but I think it would be nice if it wasn't so based around a role play. More of just a battle game.

Like TPA2? ;)

Deagonx

I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Idozen Cair

Why can't I find a difference between Normal and Hard in the SoG downloadable demo? It seems that none of the enemy stats have changed. Same damage, same health. Or is it a smarter AI?
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 18, 2011, 02:56:46 AMsmarter AI

On hard, they go after your hero and healer more aggressively, and avoid attacking characters resistant to the element of whichever attack they're using.

Duskling

Do you prefer turn-based strategy to real-time strategy?

ArtDrake

Do they also avoid attacking counter-attacking characters from the front?

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on February 19, 2011, 10:24:24 AM
Do they also avoid attacking counter-attacking characters from the front?

No. Unfortunately, due to the way that counterattacking is coded, this would be extremely difficult to do properly.

Idozen Cair

Which dialogue in SoG did you enjoy writing most?

My faves:

Nut Merchant
Fernatus
The Shadowling in the place where Snarl stood before (forgot his name)
I doesn't care, do I?

Zackirus

What does doing the Iblis Side-Quest give you, other than money of course...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

Looking at your recent rant about what makes an RPG and RPG, I have to ask, do you consider Dungeons and Dragons (The Board Game) to be a RPG and do you like it? 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

:D I just read the Nut Merchant Dialogue.

Really, CraigStern? Really?

Duskling

Was the word/phrase "criss-cross" of any inspiration to "Cryo Cross?" Because it seems like it is.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on March 05, 2011, 01:29:06 PM:D I just read the Nut Merchant Dialogue.

Really, CraigStern? Really?
Quote from: CraigStern on February 04, 2011, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on February 04, 2011, 03:18:07 PMWhy is the Nut Merchant surrounded by fruit?
How immature did you feel writing the Nut Merchant dialogue? (It couldn't be as immature as I felt laughing at it)
1) I haven't created a suitable stall graphic for the nut merchant yet.
2) Very, but I enjoyed it so much that I didn't care.

Quote from: Zackirus on March 05, 2011, 11:16:53 AMLooking at your recent rant about what makes an RPG and RPG, I have to ask, do you consider Dungeons and Dragons (The Board Game) to be a RPG and do you like it?
In an interview, Craig mentions making D&D missions.