News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Unless I ever do a complete, ground-up remake (extremely unlikely), TSoG is not going to appear on any platform other than PC.

That said, future games using the Telepath Tactics engine will almost certainly be getting ported to tablets like the iPad, Nook and Kindle Fire. Ports to iPhone and Android phones are likely as well, but depend on whether I can make the games run satisfactorily on machines with small screens and limited memory.

Idozen Cair

How many % would you say SoG is completed?
I doesn't care, do I?

TheWanderingShadow

Would you consider writing an AS3 tutorial?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

I'm doing better than that: I'm writing an AS3 book. ;)

flack

This is a question regarding the gameplay of TSoG. Why is the hero only limited to 99 hp and 99 psy power, when other characters you control can have over 100hp and psy power?

CraigStern

That's an oversight on my part--I originally capped the hero due to UI considerations, but I neglected to put those limits on the other characters. I'll fix that.

Duskling

Quote from: CraigStern on October 10, 2011, 07:28:55 PM
That's an oversight on my part--I originally capped the hero due to UI considerations, but I neglected to put those limits on the other characters. I'll fix that.
Fix how? By adding the limit to other characters, or removing the limit from Duvalier?

Deagonx

What flash game do you believe is the most revolutionary? (Preferably a flash game made by a generally non-profit organization. A free one, basically)
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Xemadus Echina

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

On a completely relevant note, how many projects are you working on?  As a follow up question, what percentage of your life is devoted to game development?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

CraigStern

Quote from: Deagonx on October 10, 2011, 09:44:39 PM
What flash game do you believe is the most revolutionary? (Preferably a flash game made by a generally non-profit organization. A free one, basically)

Well, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but Flash games are basically responsible for turning the tower defense genre into a real thing. So in that regard, you could say Desktop Tower Defense is pretty revolutionary.

In terms of creativity, I'd probably pick Free Rider or Fantastic Contraption.

Quote from: Xemadus Echina on October 10, 2011, 10:30:28 PM
On a completely relevant note, how many projects are you working on?  As a follow up question, what percentage of your life is devoted to game development?

I am working on Telepath RPG: Servants of God and Telepath Tactics. So, two. I'd say I spent 40-50% of my waking hours working on game design.

bugfartboy

What are the chances of seeing a tile similar to that of a rock or boulder, like a doorway or low branched tree, that only ground based characters, I.E. Not Shadowlings, ghosts, or spriggats, can get through?

CraigStern

In Telepath RPG: Servants of God, you mean? The chances of that are 0%, for a variety of technical reasons that I won't go into here.

It also wouldn't make much sense, honestly, given that all flying units are either bipedal and capable of walking (spriggats, ghosts) or so compact that they would have no trouble floating through a doorway or under branches (shadowlings).

SmartyPants

Why did you decide to change from a medieval Europe setting to a Middle East setting?

CraigStern

Partly it was because I wanted a change of pace, and partly it was because I thought a Middle Eastern-style setting would fit better with the themes I address in the game.

Zackirus

Will their be any other solo-battles in the game with another character, like the Arman battle?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada