News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

The Rubat are, indeed, the larger of the two clans.

Slavery is technically illegal in Ravinale, but the laws are not strictly enforced. They function more as a way for the Guard to extort money from people running slaving operations than as a proper ban on the practice.

bugfartboy

CraigStern

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on November 15, 2011, 08:07:47 PMWhat is your opinion on the Inheritance Cycle?
Quote from: CraigStern on November 15, 2011, 10:38:39 PM
I've never heard of it before.
It is one of those high fantasies that tries to imitate Lord of the Rings.  While the stories are good, they lack the underling themes and the dark atmosphere of Tolkien's trilogy.

Why don't the Tigs target natives to the Great Forest?
What element is Spore Cloud?

CraigStern

Giant Mantises are carnivorous, and Tig plants are inedible to Wood Folk. As such, Tigs have no need for defenses against them, and have adapted to conserve spores when they pass by. Other, less familiar creatures will still trigger a release, however.

Spore Cloud is physical. Now that I look in the code, though, it looks like I somehow neglected to assign it an element! That'll be fixed in a moment.

Dean_Lukas

That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

CraigStern

I sincerely doubt that it will stop online piracy. Based on my (admittedly rushed) reading of the bill, it seems like it will create administrative headaches for various legitimate web sites and services, and little else.

Dean_Lukas

I'm wondering if the cries of censorship on various communities are far-fetched. Still, the risk doesn't seem worth the "payoff"--there will always be piracy, no matter what bill gets passed.

I e-mailed my congressman/senators against it, anyway.

That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Deagonx

What is your opinion of F2P players on games like TF2 and Runescape who piss and moan about not getting enough stuff as F2P?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

It depends on what you're referring to: what they're complaining about, and whether those complaints come in the form of constructive feedback or online tantrums. In general, though, I think it's bad form to piss and moan about something you've been given for free.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on November 16, 2011, 09:56:49 AMGiant Mantises are carnivorous, and Tig plants are inedible to Wood Folk. As such, Tigs have no need for defenses against them, and have adapted to conserve spores when they pass by. Other, less familiar creatures will still trigger a release, however.
Why don't the Mantises attack the Folk-of-the-Woods?

Quote from: CraigStern on November 16, 2011, 09:56:49 AMSpore Cloud is physical. Now that I look in the code, though, it looks like I somehow neglected to assign it an element! That'll be fixed in a moment.
That is kinda funny, since I been wondering what element the attack was since TPA2.

Do you plan on filling up all of Duvalier's empty attack slots?

Shadoroq

I've got one:

Obviously, with the presence of psy abilities, there can be no direct correlation, but roughly what time period are TRPG 1 and 2 intended to be set in?
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

bugfartboy

How is it I overlooked all those videos in my subscriptions box you posted?

CraigStern

Quote from: Shadoroq on November 18, 2011, 11:16:18 PM
I've got one:

Obviously, with the presence of psy abilities, there can be no direct correlation, but roughly what time period are TRPG 1 and 2 intended to be set in?

I assume you mean, what period of human history in the real world are they comparable to? The real answer is "none," as you mentioned, but technology-wise, you could probably say that the world has a mix of Renaissance, late 1800s and futuristic technology (but predominantly Renaissance).