News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Currently? Nothing. It simply is not ever revealed. I'm considering changing that in a future patch, however. We'll see. I may just reserve that for a sequel.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on February 24, 2012, 10:00:16 PMCurrently? Nothing. It simply is not ever revealed. I'm considering changing that in a future patch, however. We'll see. I may just reserve that for a sequel.
People playing the sequal would be less likely to have played TRPG2 than people who have played TSoG.  So if the Nameless One is a TRPG2 character, then revealing his/her identity in the sequel will have less of an effect than revealing him/her in TSoG.  (If you take another 4 years to make a sequel, then TRPG2 will already be about a decade old.)

Do spirits have legs?  It is hard to tell since all character are either seen from above or a head shot.

CraigStern

Yes, they have legs. Not that they actually walk on them.

SmartyPants

How do enemies see Luca and Rajav?  Do the spirits choose to show themselves or do the enemies know their names?

CraigStern

Some enemies can see them, but for the most part, they show themselves in order to fight.

SmartyPants

How many possible endings are there in TSoG?

[spoiler]Are spirits really dead people?[/spoiler]

CraigStern

I haven't done the math, but there are probably at least a dozen permutations on the main ending, plus the one where you side with Malekahin.

[spoiler]I'm not saying. :)[/spoiler]

CraigStern

From a gameplay standpoint, it just seemed to me like it would be irritating to accidentally heal enemies.

Ertxiem

That would be the really friendly fire! But strategically would make things harder...
Would that be hard to code in the Nightmare difficulty setting?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on February 29, 2012, 03:31:13 PMThat would be the really friendly fire! But strategically would make things harder...
Friendly fire goes both ways.  In thoery, enemy healers could shield you too.

CraigStern

It would be easy to make characters accidentally heal enemies; it would be difficult to rework enemy AI to compensate for it, however.

SmartyPants

Are the tribes and the clans the same thing?
Are the Marid and Rubat the only clans that live in the Ashwan Desert?

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on February 29, 2012, 03:38:32 PM
Are the tribes and the clans the same thing?

Those terms are used interchangeably in TSoG.

Quote from: SmartyPants on February 29, 2012, 03:38:32 PM
Are the Marid and Rubat the only clans that live in the Ashwan Desert?

At the time of TSoG, they are the biggest, but smaller tribes exist.

ArtDrake

Does the fact that Niven performs at Darkling's and Shadowboxers' establishment on Tuesdays and Thursdays imply that the same Norse gods exist in the Telepath universe (particularly Týr and Thor, since these gods are those from whom Tuesday and Thursday derive their names, respectively)?