News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

What are the titles of all the music currently available in Telepath Tactics?

CraigStern

This will change, but right now, there are 4 tracks available:

TitleTheme
TacticiansDuel
DeviousSchemes
DeviousSchemes2

(Note that none of Ryan Richko's tracks are currently available in the game.)

Sythion

Who drew the concept art for the previous games? (such as my avatar)
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

Lauren Linden (or, as she was known on the forums, "Lethal Laurie").

Sythion

Is there a reason you didn't use armor values?

bugfartboy

In a sense, he did. We have resistances, which can be granted by equipping different pieces of armor.

CraigStern

Quote from: Sythion on June 04, 2013, 01:43:23 AM
Is there a reason you didn't use armor values?

I didn't use arithmetic armor values because I don't like the mathematics that comes along with them. They produce these very stark situations where overleveled characters are untouchable (because they take 0 or 1 damage from enemies), and underleveled characters are 100% useless (because they can't damage enemies).

Using arithmetic armor values also renders certain types of enemy units obsolete after a few battles unless you level them up alongside the player. Think back to Shining Force: most enemies would show up for no more than 4 or 5 battles. They'd be threatening in their debut battle, weaken relative to your characters, and end up totally pathetic by the last fight they appeared in. Then they'd be retired, never to appear again.

By contrast, when you use percentage armor values, enemies remain useful through most of the game. A battle where you fight a ton of low-level enemies remains challenging, since they can actually still deal some damage to you. (I wasn't able to take full advantage of this benefit in earlier Telepath games due to the old 10-enemy unit cap, but that's no longer a limitation in Telepath Tactics.)

bugfartboy

Do you know of a way to keep Telepath Tactics pinned to a Windows 7 Taskbar in such a way that it remains valid after updating the game?

CraigStern

Your shortcuts should always remain valid after an update, whether they're on the taskbar or elsewhere.

bugfartboy

How do you use the "Edit Character" button in the Map Editor?

CraigStern

That one's not currently working.

TheWanderingShadow

In a tabletop RPG, do you think it is better to have all mechanics dictated by rules or have just the bare outlines of rules that give players more freedom of interpretation?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Depends on the kind of game. If it's focused on role-playing, loose rules are better. If it's more focused on tactics and strategy, you need consistent, clearly delineated rules. (If that makes sense.)

Sythion

I  like cyro blast can cyro cross can freeze water?

Also, I assume skill icons are planned, no?

CraigStern