News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Charachter ideas

Started by Dorgon 5000, April 09, 2010, 01:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: torugo on May 07, 2010, 04:40:21 PM
well if figured fighting all seven of them at once would be extremely hard. so i thought that fighting them 2 or 3 at a time would be a lot better. pick them off while there seperated is an easier way to beat them all
It´s good if it´s hard, at least if it is not a main quest. You should fight them all at once.

Mr Manlyguy

There is a line though. I think a team of 3 mercenaries would do. That could fit in. Maybe a psy section of the helenites? But a smaller number, and not their own group. And they can't be indestructible either...

torugo

Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on May 09, 2010, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: torugo on May 07, 2010, 04:40:21 PM
well if figured fighting all seven of them at once would be extremely hard. so i thought that fighting them 2 or 3 at a time would be a lot better. pick them off while there seperated is an easier way to beat them all
It´s good if it´s hard, at least if it is not a main quest. You should fight them all at once.

well good luck if you want to fight all of them at once but the leader is not even in the same league as all the others and the others are strong enough to begin with.
mock the pheonix you will burn

FlyingFinn

If Telepath series is continued, would there be a psy teammate who is able to control sound(mind damage or physical damage) or thunder(physical damage)? There´s no need for it, but i really would like about it.  ;)

By the way, there has not been many female psys(Anya and possibly main from 1&2), so some of future psys could be woman.
Grammar! >_<

KZ

Mmm, thunder has been discussed in terms of another element, but has been generally disregarded as not really fitting in with the series style.

Well, there has been quite a few female Psys if you look at it- a lot of black capes from TPA2 are female, the tutors in Psy Academy are not all male at all (in fact, the only tutor we see in TSoG is a female). And Anya became Dean of Academy. Then there are significant non human female Psys (think Nelis, for instance).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

What about the Nameless One? His/her gender is undetermined, I believe, and (s)he counts as a Psy.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

FlyingFinn

I meant that there hasn´t been that much female psys i your team. And i forgot Nameless One because i thought automatically that he is Main(FAIL!  :D ).
Grammar! >_<

Bromtaghon

Both the Nameless One and the Main's gender are undertermined, I think.  As for Psys on your team, I agree- Anya and Malis are the only ones. 

Barzul

I think Helena is a Psy. She has Fury and Whirlwind... Unless you meant there aren't many female team mates who only has psy attacks and not someone who just uses psy techniques to enhance other attacks.

Zackirus

What about Rahel and Luca they are girls too! Ranhel has true shaft which can be counted as a Psy and luca has mind blast infurring that she used to be a Psy. Although Luca is a ghost and ghosts don't really have genders but she looks like a girl ghost.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Luca is female, and spirits DO have genders. 
Rahel is a Bow(wo)man, she just uses Psy to enhance her attacks.

Although that's a good point: can all Spirits use Psy after they die?

Dorgon 5000

No, the ghost knights can´t. But maybe some non-psys get powers after their death.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Barzul on June 28, 2010, 11:55:24 AM
I think Helena is a Psy. She has Fury and Whirlwind... Unless you meant there aren't many female team mates who only has psy attacks and not someone who just uses psy techniques to enhance other attacks.
Fury sounds like a boost of adrenalin, so it isn't a psy power.  I also think think Helena is a skilled enough swordsman to use whirlwind without the Gift.

Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on June 29, 2010, 02:54:31 AM
No, the ghost knights can´t. But maybe some non-psys get powers after their death.
Just because they perfer to use a melee attack doesn't mean they can't use psy.  Since ghost are made up of psy energy then they should have at least some control over psy powers.

Steelfist

It makes sense.

And anyway; aren't ghost incorporeal? Wouldn't that mean to use a physical attack they would have to exert some control over the psy energy that makes up their bodies?

KZ

Helena being Psy or not has been open to interpretation and rests solely on the preferences of each individual player- all of her attacks do not necessarily require use of Psy, though can easily be explained using the Gift.

Steelfist, methinks, is right- being that ghosts/spirits are  projection/manifestation of the Psy energy in the material plane, they would have to know how to operate it in order to use Psy attacks or perform physical attacks using "melee weapons" made up of condensed (?) psy energy. (A possible explanation is that the spirit uses their Psy power to condense air around them to form a shape which they associate with in the material plane, and the axe that is yielded by Ghost Knights is made up of atmospheric gases which have been condensed into a solid- this also explains why the ghosts can be cold to the touch, can walk through walls and re-appear and dissapear at will- they simply cool down the area around where their soul wishes to move to.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!