News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Lost areas

Started by Dorgon 5000, April 12, 2010, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorgon 5000

Do you remember the shadowling camp in that first game? The one lying between The great forest and Somnus? I really do. At some way, that is one of my favorite areas. It feels very mysterious, and at some way, that is where it all begun. The game actually started at the academy, of couse, but the camp was the place where you faced the first enemies and the first boss, even the first shadowling of all. What I want to say is that a place that has meant so much shouldn´t be forgotten at this way. While the academy has returned in all games, this area has never been even seen after Chapter one. Just think about it, walking there by the night, with spooky, abandoned tents around you. Dark sounds around you. Maybe some rain effect to make it feel more spooky. It could also be extended so that you could see what´s beyond the areas in the first game.
An area that is marked on the map but we haven´t even seen is the bog. That could also be really nice to see, as it feels that it´s somehow really inportant. It´s marked on the map, so it feels very intresting. And by the way, what happened to the lowlands from chapter 2?
It might be too late for putting those into the game now, but it´s still intresting to think about.

SmartyPants

I don't think a mobile, military camp will stay there after several decades.  It would be cool to get a side quest at Somnus or the Psy Academy to bring us to the Bog.

Dayn

I, too, doubt it is still there.

SmartyPants

Bog
I am would like to encourage a side quest to the Bog of TRPG1.

I did suggest a new enemy that can be seen in the Bog.
Quote from: im2smart4u on March 17, 2010, 10:45:16 PM
Blurp- A large toad that are found in the bogs and forests of Cera Bella.  It can leap great distances to catch its prey.  Known to cause massive damage, the monster's tongue can be launched at great speeds at a target.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )

cyso

I don't think the military base will still be there, but I do think the lowlands or mechanic's base should be included in TSoG. Maybe there could be a mission that featured the lowlands.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on April 16, 2010, 03:46:25 PM
I do think the lowlands or mechanic's base should be included in TSoG. Maybe there could be a mission that featured the lowlands.
One could fight bandits throughout the Lowlands to reach the Mechanics' Base.  Once the Hero is at the Base, he will have three options.  The first option is to pay the mercenaries more than the cult, so 50 soldiers are added to his TOTAL SOLDIERS count.  Ths second option is to destroy the base to inhibit them from fighting for the Cult.  The third option is to [Leave], so the player can come back later with enough money to pay the Mechanics or untill he is powerful enough to destroy the base.

Winter Dragon

I don't think the military base will still be there, but I do think the lowlands or mechanic's base should be included in TSoG. Maybe there could be a mission that featured the lowlands.

The Hero from TRPG2 destroyed it remember, Tasitian asked him to do it, I think the conversation went like this if you wanted it to. Ice (My Hero) "How could I destroy it, there must be plenty of guys". Tasititian "Our spies report they only some guy are in it, while the rest are out doing mission" or something like that...
Although, They could rebuild the base, but I pretty sure they would put it somewhere different
-30, That's Nothing

SmartyPants

Quote from: Winter Dragon on April 17, 2010, 03:38:56 PM
The Hero from TRPG2 destroyed it remember, Tasitian asked him to do it, I think the conversation went like this if you wanted it to. Ice (My Hero) "How could I destroy it, there must be plenty of guys". Tasititian "Our spies report they only some guy are in it, while the rest are out doing mission" or something like that...
Although, They could rebuild the base, but I pretty sure they would put it somewhere different
I don't think the Hero physically destroyed the building.  He killed everyone in the building to steal their plans. As soon as other Mechanics return from their missions, they would repopulated the base and boost security.  You know they have more security, because near the end of the game the Mechanic patrols are more powerful in the lowlands.  At mission 1, there was a few swordsmen, crowsbowmen, and maybe a stone golem.  Later in the game, there are mechanic captains, marksmen, and many stone golems.

cyso

The military base I was referring to was the shadowling base. I agree with im2smart4u when it comes to the mechanic's base. I don't think the hero blew up the entire building. However, there is a chance that the mechanic's moved there base somewhere, since other people already know where the other base was. For example, Helena probably knew where the mechanic's base was, so the mechanics might have decided to move there base to a new, more secure location.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on April 18, 2010, 09:14:42 PM
the mechanics might have decided to move there base to a new, more secure location.
Even if they moved the base, it is probably still in the lowlands.

killo401

i not sure.. but some parts of game or maybe it was others talking about i not sure where i remember this from but the cult may actually not hate them but just have that as a ploy and even possible have some high members with the gift

MikeW781

killo401-
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

I actually like the idea of visiting the Bog as part of the side-quest: I feel that it's important not to lose the connection to TRPG1. I guess the graphics from that place could be used and mabye one could see the remnants of the tent where Uncle Flastaff stayed (there could be now a statue or a stone there, to indicate where the Hero of the Shadow Wars saved his brother- you know, like the plaque in the pub where Tolkien relaxed with his friends whilst writing Lord of the Rings). And the area can be accessible the same way as Tikki's Cave, and not from the world map. There is always room for Shadowling loyalists who might try to occaisonally attack those who come to see the historical place (e.g. a couple of them split up from the main group and started hunting Psy Academy students who visit the place).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 07:59:36 PM
I actually like the idea of visiting the Bog as part of the side-quest: I feel that it's important not to lose the connection to TRPG1. I guess the graphics from that place could be used and mabye one could see the remnants of the tent where Uncle Flastaff stayed (there could be now a statue or a stone there, to indicate where the Hero of the Shadow Wars saved his brother- you know, like the plaque in the pub where Tolkien relaxed with his friends whilst writing Lord of the Rings). And the area can be accessible the same way as Tikki's Cave, and not from the world map. There is always room for Shadowling loyalists who might try to occaisonally attack those who come to see the historical place (e.g. a couple of them split up from the main group and started hunting Psy Academy students who visit the place).

Intresting ideas. But I think it would be better if the bog had something you havn´t seen before, instead of shadowlings. That whould make it more mysterious.

What about swamp ghosts?

Swamp ghost:

Health: 10

Speed: 2

Attack: Dark breath (12 damage)

Resistance: Physical

Immunity: Dark

Reinforcement: 5 turns

A very fragile, but incredibly crafty, ghost who were swallowed by the swamp when he was human. Invisible, except for in battle.

Bromtaghon

Um, did you intend to put that in the Enemies thread? If not, you probably should.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.