News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What happened to KZ?

Started by SmartyPants, April 20, 2010, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

no idea
i haven't seen any mention of it, and according to posts in the introductions forum, he usually takes 2 weeks at the start of of November
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

CraigStern

If I'm not mistaken, he's in the middle of final exams right now. He'll probably show back up in the next week or two.

Ertxiem

I'm glad it's just exams. I was a bit worried since he didn't say anything (in here).
KZ will probably disagree that it's "just" exams... :D
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Pylons

The Русская мафия is extorting him.

MikeW781

Quote from: CraigStern on April 20, 2010, 05:37:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he's in the middle of final exams right now. He'll probably show back up in the next week or two.
He's not back yet.........
He's gonna be mad that he missed the downloadable demo's release

Xemadus Echina

he goes to oxford right? how long do their exams last?!?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

CraigStern

KZ last wrote to me on May 3. Apparently he's been prepping for his final exams, which begin in early June.

Ertxiem

It's good to know that everything is OK.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Tastidian

Quote from: Pylons on April 21, 2010, 10:47:13 PM
The Русская мафия is extorting him.
Really russian mafia

If no one has noticed same thing has been going on with me except not finals just busy. I have been gone for a while this is probably the only time I have.

Ertxiem

Sorry, Crusadur Tastidian, for not saying anything. I did noticed that you were gone. I hope everything is OK with you.
This thread appeared because the folks around here got worried that KZ didn't show up for quite a while. In all the time I've met him (starting from the old forums), I don't recall something like this ever happening without a previous warning. Furthermore, he's a mod (#2 in command, if you like) that posts quite regularly, so his absence was noticed, in particular because Presentiment and his alias were disturbing these forums.
(If it makes you fell better, around last November I was quite busy too and that wasn't a reason to create a thread about what happened to me in the old forums. Probably because I'm not a regular poster as KZ was up to April.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Zhampir

KZ would actually be 3rd in command. There are two Admin's, Craig Stern and a generic "Admin" that was probably needed to create the forums, or some other silly reason.

Besides that, I think KZ may use this time to test us. I'd say we're doing pretty well, as Craig, as far as I'm aware, has only had to step in once... so we're not in total anarchy.

I'm concerned KZ's disappearance more than others because he seemed to be the productive life of the forums. His posts are what made me think and gave me ideas, and while he was hear it was new idea after new idea. There were so many attacks and characters and creatures being discussed and formed that we were often not even done with one discussion before somebody else posted another idea. I know this doesn't just have to do with KZ, but I just noticed that, marking the beginning of his absence, the forums have really declined in the ways of productive posting. Meanwhile the forum games are more active than ever. Therefore I know the imagination and talent for creation is still in this society, it's just dormant...

dancash

^ dormancy followed by a resurge hopefully. I hope he does well in his exams.

MikeW781

He posted in the thread about the updated AI a few days ago, saying:
'Great to hear that- AI is getting better over time and gives more of a challenge (given what a pain in the back in TPA2 the Greater Ghost was, I'd expect now more of the high level from other units as well). Looking forward to trying my hand once more with all the usual battles, etc. Seems quite a lot of progress is being made, what with the interface re-vamp, new in-game portraits, voice-acting, and now AI. Methinks I won't be missing out on all this innovation for too long now (at min=2/3 more weeks)! "

torugo

if he is taking exams then those must be some pretty long exams
mock the pheonix you will burn