News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

voice acting

Started by Xemadus Echina, April 20, 2010, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

#    Putting together the script for voice actors (134 pages so far!)     10:06 PM Apr 7th  via web   

So do you need people to fill rolls? I'm quite good at voice acting :)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Pylons

This is the kind of question reserved for PM's.

Xemadus Echina

It could be but I was also bringing it up for open discussion.  From the looks of the message it seems as if a large part of the game will have dialog.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

the only dilouge in TRPG2 was Nelis's....it would be nice to see more
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on April 22, 2010, 06:30:26 PM
the only dilouge in TRPG2 was Nelis's....it would be nice to see more
You forgot when Tastidian said "Awaken. The time for your service is at hand."  It is the first thing to happen in TRPG2.

MikeW781

that's right-i guess i just forgot that scene.....

Zhampir

besides that.. none really. I think it would be interesting to have something, even just grunts, or have generic Animal-Crossing-like sounds. XP

CraigStern

I have a couple of actors cast already--one for Arman, another for Malis. (Fun fact: the actress voicing Malis also does the operatic singing in On Trial!) :)

MikeW781

how is dialogue going to be worked into the game?
Will it be like last time, with a few characters having some lines in a cutscene, or will every conversation be read out loud?

CraigStern

The current plan is to have most major plot-related dialog read aloud as you go through the game, both inside and outside of cut scenes, as well as some optional character dialog. (But of course, that's subject to change if it turns out to be too difficult to implement that way.)

MikeW781

i think it would be very ackward if some of the optional dialogue was read aloud, while some wasn't
also, the main can't really have a voice, which makes the conversations sound very one sided

Guye

He's probably harkening back to the old days of the "silent protagonist". I think the whole concept was to let a wider variety of players feel connected to the main character by not explicitly showing his dialog. That doesn't really apply in this game though, does it?

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 24, 2010, 08:09:17 PM
Quote from: mikew781 on April 24, 2010, 04:59:58 PMthe main can't really have a voice
What makes you say that?
Well, we want the main to appear gender-neutral, and age neutral to a degree that he can realistically seem like the player. Great pains are usually taken in TRPG games to ensure that the Hero is never so much as referred to as o boy or a girl

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on April 25, 2010, 08:40:27 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 24, 2010, 08:09:17 PM
Quote from: mikew781 on April 24, 2010, 04:59:58 PMthe main can't really have a voice
What makes you say that?
Well, we want the main to appear gender-neutral, and age neutral to a degree that he can realistically seem like the player. Great pains are usually taken in TRPG games to ensure that the Hero is never so much as referred to as o boy or a girl
The TSoG Hero is a dude, while the TRPG2 Hero is gender-neutral.  Their are multiple hints in the game that shows that the new Hero is a dude.