News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hell quest

Started by Xemadus Echina, May 23, 2010, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

So they headed to the armory, facing a few lowly imps on the way, killing every one without remorse.

"How much longer?" asked Dusk, eager to get his hands on some destructive powers.

"I believe it should be through that door," Rainen said, pointing to a door straight ahead.

"Oh, hell yeah!" Dusk and Steelfist said at the same time upon seeing the armory.

"I take that one!" yelled Dusk, pointing to a guantlet with claws attached.

"There's even a range for the weapons to try out," said Rainen, "But don't take too long, I'm pretty sure that if the demons find out how big a threat we are, they'll send a whole battalion of elites to the armory to suit up; we don't want to be here when, not if, that happens."

"Don't worry, this won't take long!" Dusk said, clawing away at a practice dummy.

While Brom was trying to find a weapon, Lighty found something.

"Guys, I think you should check these out!" said Lighty pointing to some metal containers.

"I don't believe it," said Brom, "He found the powers!"

"Powers?" said Steelfist, "Lets crack 'em open like the skull of an imp and try them out!"

(I'll name my power after you guys)

Steelfist

I already named my power, but-
QuoteI reckon I would like, as a power, to be able to manipulate steel however I want, and to have a body made out of living steel./quote].

Duskling

Steelfist opened up a container, there was a strange silver-colored energy within.

Should I? Steelfist pondered.

"Hurry up!" yelled Dusk, "Or we're dead meat!"

"Alright," Steelfist said, and touched the silver light.

"Nothing happened," said Brom.

"Alright then..." Steelfist felt a pang of anger, then, suddenly, his arm turned into steel.

"Well," said Rainen, "Now you really have a steel fist, Steelfist."

"I want mine now!!!" yelled Dusk.

He opened a container with the light of the same kind as Steelfist, but with a distinct purple color.

"Do think it's smart to touch that one?" asked Lighty, fairly worriedly.

"Eh, I don't know what I'm doin' half the time," said Dusk, "So, might as well."

He touched the purple light.

"How did you get this to work?" Dusk asked after a few minutes of waiting for something to happen.

"I don't know," said Steelfist, "I just felt angry that we wasted the time coming here, only to be met with powers that don't do anything."

"Well, then," said Rainen, "I don't think something like that will work twice."

"Damn!" cursed Dusk, when an energy bolt left his hands and hit a nearby stalgbite, "Sweet!" he then said with a grin.

"Let's pop the rest of these cases open and get out of here," Rainen said, "Before they figure out what we're up to."

"I'm next!" called Brom.

Bromtaghon

Brom opened the next chest.  "Bloody hell! There's nothing in here!"
Suddenly, the chest shone bright green and a cloud of green light engulfed Brom.
"Do you think it's poison?" asked Rainen, stepping towards Brom.
"Nah, I'm sure he's fine," said Dusk.  "Wait another hour or two."
Suddenly, the light faded.  Brom looked around.  "That's it?"
He waited for a few more minutes, but nothing interesting happened.
"Bummer," said Dusk, waving his hand casually.  "Rainen, your turn."

OOC: I finally decided on my power! Except nobody, not even Brom, knows what it is.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

Now we can get "Demonspeak" names, just send me a message with your personality, and I'll try to implement it.

"Alright then..." Rainen began.

Suddenly a blue, clever-looking demon cautiously opened the armory door.

"Huh?!?" the demon uttered, surprised.

Rainen drew a dagger and began to get into a throwing position when it began to speak.

"No!" it began, "You don't understand!"

"Oh, I think we do, buddy," said Steelfist, turning his body into steel.

"Hold on, guys," said Lighty, "Can't we let him explain himself?"

"Alright," said Brom, still thinking what his power could be, "You have five seconds."

"Ok," the demon explained, "I tried to sneak in here because, frankly, I'm no friend of the-" he paused, looking at Dusk.

"Ummm..." Dusk began, "Nice to meet you, too?"

"What's your name?" the demon asked.

"You first, I insist," said Dusk.

"Fair enough," it said, "My name is Fac, now you."

"It's Dusk," said Dusk, "Why me, though? Wouldn't you prefer him, over there?" he asked, pointing at Rainen.

"Secretive, eh?

Mad

A new soul plunged into Hell, it was Mad.
"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Steelfist.
"Someone pushed me into my furnace and here I am! When's dinner?"
"20 minutes past never," said Dusk
"One extra man would help alot in our quest to get out of here," said Rainen
"I wish I shared your optimism, Rainen," said Brom
"Well we better get a move on," said Fac.
When you're in love you eat pie, when you're in stress you eat pie, and if you're about to be eaten by a 5-headed she/he-demon...YOU EAT PIE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMOROW!!!

Bromtaghon

After the hasty introductions, Brom turned to Fac.  "Fac, I think you owe it to us to tell us who you are."

Duskling

"Well..." the demon began, "I'm part of an Anti-Satan group, ran by a few ex-elite demons," Fac explained.

"That makes sense," admitted Brom, "That's why you tried to sneak into the armory? To get weapons to use against Satan?"

"Sort of," Fac said, "I was trying to sneak in there and rig them to explode, or malfunction, but then, you were there."

"Watch it, buddy," said Steelfist, turning his fist into steel, "Or you'll be leaving here minus a consciouness and a few teeth."

"Yeah, watch yourself," said Brom, drawing a sword he got at the armory.

"Let's cool down here," said Rainen, "We both share a common goal: defeating Satan."

"But I thought it was escaping hell," said Mad, now confused.

"That's our primary objective, but to achieve that, we must kill Satan," Rainen explained.

"I just can't stand your language!" interrupted Fac, "How can you speak it with such comfort?"

"'Cause we can," said Dusk, watching Fac closely, and keeping his guantlet ready.

"Well," said Fac, "There'll be time for specifics later, right now, we have to get the hell out of here."

"Fine, let's move," said Rainen, while Mad was trying to get Dusk to calm down.

"Come on," said Dusk, looking at Fac still, "There are demons to kill."

So, they were off.

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Duskling on June 07, 2010, 11:00:45 PM
"Yeah, watch yourself," said Brom, drawing a sword he got at the armory.

:( I wanted a scythe.

IC:
"So, why are we all here anyways?" asked Brom.
"Because we're all dead and we have very bad luck," said Duskling.  "Shut up and keep walking."
"No, I mean, why aren't we in... you know, up there?"
Rainen paused.  "You're asking what we did to deserve this?"
Brom nodded.  "I suppose."

Duskling

"Well," Dusk said, "I got kicked down here because I had one too many at a nightclub; I think you can guess the rest."

"What does it matter why you're down here?" Fac interrupted again, "What matters to you is getting out, right?"

"True," said Rainen, "But I think it good to look back at past mistakes."

"Yeah, yeah," said Fac, "Blah, blah, blah, that's all you d-"

It was cut off by the sound of Dusk scratching the wall with his guantlet.

It gulped, "Fine, I'll be quiet, but I'll give you hell later, don't you worry..."

"I sleep with one eye open and my glove thing on," said Dusk, "So if you so much as try to make a move towards me, you won't live to make another."

Bromtaghon

"What about you, Lighty?" asked Brom.
"You first."
"No, you."
Lighty rolled his eyes.
"Fine.  I kicked a puppy, okay?"
"You're not serious?" said Dusk.
"No."

Xemadus Echina

{hey guys sorry i've been gone for awhile. final exams and all.  anyway im back now so i can moderate the thing and keep everything on track. fyi u guys totally blew the whole alter of the damned deal. that's where we were supposed to get our powers. not canisters in the armory.}

Time passed and the group kept walking along, Rainen, the leader with mysterious methods and knowledge, Steelfist, the expert fighter and master of steel, Dusk, hot headed smart alec with a powerful gauntlet, Brom, a British man with a mysterious aura, Lighty, upbeat and hyper, Fac, mysterious blue demon who is a member of the resistance, and Mad, a mysterious new stranger.  "Ok so guys listen up, even though those canisters gave us some powers I'm not sure if anything bad will happen because of it.  The only sure way of getting exactly what we want is by getting to the Alter of the Damned." Fac starts mumbling in demon tongue and Rainen responds in the same form.  Fac responds and Rainen looks at the group "Alright so the Alter of the Damned is unreachable for the next day or two.  The demon king and his highest servants are creating a super weapon to fight the renegades.  If we want to go undiscovered we'll have to let them go about their business and do some do some covert ops.  Fac you'll have to gather information. You're the only one that can have any hope of gathering information. *Rainen hands Fac a small device* I picked this up in the arcane vault.  It will return you to where the other beacon is.  I'll be holding onto that one.  *Rainen hands a necklace to Steelfist*  wear this, it will make your eyes glow red and an evil light will pour out from all the pores on your body.  Go beat up some imps and other low level demons in your steel form and see what you can get to help us.  *Rainen looks at the remainder of the group*  The rest of you will help me lay some traps.  I'll place charges in key points behind the walls and you will lay traps in the field.  If the Demon king is making a super weapon, chances are he will assemble his armies at the entrance to the alter in order to show it off and boost their morale.  Any supplies you might need will most likely be in the armory.  Just stay away from the arcane vault because it has more traps then you can imagine.  *Rainen looks at Fac again* When you think your done gathering information, try to contact the rebel army and see if you can get them to help us." Rainen looks around the area and just as he looks away from everybody his eyes glow green again for a second. "Move out!" Rainen dashes towards a small crevice in the wall and the rest of the team heads off in their own directions.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

I'll do Dusk's part, since he's based on me.

Good, so now, where can I lay some traps? Dusk though as he walks in the canyon that demon troops are supposed to arrive at.

He thinks he needs to think of a plan, and he's right, he does.

So, Dusk thought, That crack over there looks like a good place to plant a bomb...

As he was devising his plan an elite imp sentry spotted him and identified him as one of the escapee prisoners and almost had enough time to telepathically contact a succubus when his head exploded.

"That's what you get!" said Dusk to the charred imp corpse, "I became a really good shot with this stuff," Dusk said to himself, looking at his hand.

He proceeded to plant a bomb in cracked spots of the canyon.

Hmmmm, thought Dusk, Then what?

He thought that if he could stop the convoy, he could pick off the troops with hit-and-run guerilla tactics.

Sounds good, Dusk thought as the first demon transport came into view...

Mad

Mad placed the claymores and waited.

Any second now....

An Hour later

Annnnnnny second....

Then he spotted the first platoon.

About time! Thought Mad as he dropped a rock on the floor to cause a distraction.

"Did you here that?" asked the platoon leader.

"You," said the leader pointing to three of his men "Check it out" he said pointing to the pillar

Damn it! I thought the whole squad would come!

"Um there's nothing here sir." reported a demon.

Okay let's try again.

"Alright get back here." said the leader, then mad dropped another rock.

"Okay this time I really did hear somthing!"

"Platoon! head over to that pillar!"

Yes! thought Mad as he detonated the claymores

After the explosion there were brief screams of terror and shock coming from what is now a pile of blood and gore under a blown up pillar.
When you're in love you eat pie, when you're in stress you eat pie, and if you're about to be eaten by a 5-headed she/he-demon...YOU EAT PIE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMOROW!!!

Xemadus Echina

[spoiler]{Just a little notice that is directed to everybody but was brought to my attention based on Mad's most recent post.  Don't jump the gun on your posts.  If you just say something along the lines of "I planted traps and killed everybody" then not only will we loose an entire section of the story, people will also tend to ignore your posts because it lacks description and plot.}  {Mad- Since this portion of the story IS branched off into separate arks.  I will have to ask you to edit your post to follow a more realistic path.}[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I would like to hold off on rejoining our stories until all or most of the major players have posted their branches.  When that happens, I will create a large portion of the story much like in my first post to tie everything together using your posts.  If by some cruel twist of fate I am not around to do that,  that duty will fall to Duskling or Steelfist.  My only request if such a scenario happens is that the portion of the story you create is around the same length as the first post is.  You can call this a checkpoint of sorts where we head on to the next "season" of the "game"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I would also like to mention that your knowledge is separate from your characters knowledge.  We are narrators of the story who know what all the characters thoughts and feelings are.  Our knowledge is only limited when it comes to the thoughts and feelings of other people's characters.  We each have our own characters and there are very few instances when one of us can decide the thoughts and feelings of everyones characters. also don't be afraid to edit your ark until they are all tied into one story again.[/spoiler]
Ok so now that my moderator duties have been fulfilled I'll continue on with the story.
Rainen's part:

After dashing through corridors behind the walls of hell, Rainen finally comes to a small cavern.  Following a path wrapping around the cavern he eventually reached a tunnel that lead out of the top of the cavern.  Some time passed and Rainen began to plant charges along the path he now walked along.  He looked at his map of the Alter zone and then followed a small fork leading off towards the gates of the Alter.  He knew that if he could collapse the roof of the canyon then a large portion of Hell's army would be obliterated.  In The distance he heard a whirring sound.  He ran to where he thought the sound originated and found a cache of Infinite Evil Machines.  After some thought, he opened up the casing of the IEM's and got to work on making it so that they would short circuit a few minutes after when he thought Hell's army would be assembled.  This has all been to easy. Rainen though to himself and looked around.  The total lack of sentries has to mean something big is going on or else the Demon King himself has felt it necessary to track my movements.  Rainen closed his eyes and sensed the psychic radiations that would signify the Demon King following his movements.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.