News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 23, 2010, 09:51:42 AM
Quote from: Duskling on June 23, 2010, 01:57:27 AM
OOC: Caitlin, Reese, and Kayle came from Traten, the same place as Zack Acron. I don't think I get the cello reference, though.
I meant where their NAMES came from.  And I'm not sure where they were born yet.
The cello reference is from Pachelbel's Rant.
Alright then, they are from Runescape, the three Zamorakian cultists, again, I don't understand where the cello reference came fom. (I don't play Runescape, I just searched their names)

Zackirus

The night was dark and the wind was cold. Zack had been walking for almost 8 hours straight. He brought his hands close to his mouth and breathed on them a couple times and rubbed them together. According to his map he was only a short distance away from the capital and he wanted to find a nice place to sleep. He looked beyond the city and saw a small forest looming in the distance. Zack signed and walked over another hill. In the valley below was a huge town and with a quick radar scan he counted almost around 20 guards on each side. This is going to be harder than previously thought Zack sniffled has another blast of cold wind hit him. He walked over to the hill area and walked down. He watched as many family lined up in front of guards to be allowed into the city. It seemed that more expensive and nice looking the person or family the better chance they got in. Unwillingly, Zack combed his hair in a royal style way and put on a smug face of arrogance on. He walked down and when it came turn for his entrance they asked a number of questions:

Who are You?
Aaron Smith

What business do you have in Hubras?
My daddy is selling of one of his bakeries and he unfairly wants me to carry out the transaction

Who do you Follow?
Zack paused, he didn't know the answer and the only thing he did know, well it was worth a shot.
I am a Nationalist

Zack believed almost every word that he said for in the case of Psy was scanning his mind

"Hold on" said the guard who had questioned him. The Guard walked over to another guard and whispered something in his ear. The guard walked back over and stated, "You may pass"

Zack walked in the city and was amazed, even at this time of night some people were still out. He stopped in the market place and stared in wonder. Of course it was nothing compared to Troten (Capital of Traten) but it was pretty close. He walked into the local tavern and quickly decided to get and room and sleep

The Nightmare once again happened but this time Zack was left with only a fragment, the beginning, he remembered something happened about it but he couldn't remember what.

The next morning he decided to take a quick stroll in that forest he had seen earlier. He exited the town and quickly made his way towards the forest on the south side of the city. He walked in it for around 1 hour until realized he needed to find some sort of rich person in the city. Zack walked along the path that had been carved out until he heard some hushed voices. He glanced behind one of the trees and noticed a guy was throwing a small round sack towards the second man. He also saw some sort of person behind another tree on the opposite side of the small clearing. He remained quiet and watched as the two men departed. He remained closely behind the man who had been thrown the round bag as he sensed something powerful within that bag...    
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

Rainen and Caitlin have been walking along at a somewhat fast pace to reach Reese.  For most of the trip Caitlin had her eyes on the sword and the yellow orb mounted in it.
Caitlin: So whats the deal with that sword?
Rainen: It channels my pyrotechnics.
Caitlin: No i mean the yellow orb.  How did you make the sword around it.
Rainen: I didn't make the sword around the orb.  I mounted it in myself.
Caitlin: How?
Rainen: Energy manipulation.
Caitlin: So you can use light and fire techniques?
Rainen thought to himself for a moment and decided to play along with the girls thoughts.
Rainen: yes I can.  I was born with the abilities because my mom was an expert in Light based attacks while my father was an expert pyromancer
Caitlin: so is that how you can teleport and use that transfer type ability?
Rainen: Yes exactly.
Caitlin: Thats pretty cool.  Me and my two friends can only use shadow attacks.  Although Kayle can throw up shields and I'm more of an assassin.
Rainen: I've done my fair share in assassin work.
Caitlin: I guess that explains your insanely strong mind defenses.  I've never encountered anything like it.  I don't think even the best of interrogators could break it.
Rainen: I use a combination of light and mind abilities to create it.  You might be able to form a barrier like it with your shadow abilities.
Caitlin: Can you teach me?
Rainen: no i have never used shadow abilities before.
Caitlin: Well how do you make yours with light?
Rainen: I manipulate energy so that my brain functions on a different wavelength then I use the mind to disguise the change.  
i really hope this girl stops asking me questions I don't think I can keep this up for much longer... The two kept walking for awhile then Caitlin suddenly looked up at Rainen
Caitlin: OK see if you can probe my mind now.  I had to improvise a little but I think I made something useful.
I wonder if she created the effect that I think she did... Rainen stopped and looked at the girl.  After a few seconds he smiled and began talking again
Rainen: Very good.  You created a shield that attacks the mind of the interrogator.  If it hadn't of been for my shield I would be on the ground writhing in pain right now.
Im surprised she was actually able to do that. And here I thought I was the only person on this planet that could possibly manipulate my own brain in such a way...  I guess these people are stronger then I thought.  Rainen pointed over to a cave and said "Thats where Reese is."
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Mako was thinking about that fat rebel he killed.

"Maybe, by some miracle, he's not dead?" he asked himself.

Come on, you idiot, do you honestly think that he could have survived a 2 foot spear of ice? yelled the logical part of is mind.

"Only one way to find out," he told himself.

When he arrived at Lake Alto, Mako felt that there was something strange about the not-so-silent silence

"Something will go wrong," Mako told himself, "Very wrong."

His instincts told him that someone would carry someone who was wounded to someplace safe.

Like a cave, Mako thought, finding a cave at the lake's shore.

Who he saw heading towards the cave surprised him greatly.

Her? thought Mako, She's supposed to be at Hubras Capital Prison right now, and who's that other guy with her?

Upon instinct, Mako hid, watching the two head towards the cave...

Zackirus

Zack had been following the other man (Kayle) for around 4 hours now and they were arriving back on the shore of Lake Alto. Where is this guy going!? Zack thought angrily as he hid once again in the trees around the path, 500 meters from where Kayle is. Kayle turned sharp right and he walked onto the shores of Lake Alto. Zack followed closely behind him and he reached some sort of cave. Two teenagers were also at the mouth of the cave and were just about to enter when Kayle called out "Hey Caitlin, I'm back". The three met up and they talked for a second before running into the cave. Zack tried to get a better view but as he was trying he fell on the white creature (Duskling) from before. He was so shocked he jumped back and collapsed to the ground but he managed to create an encasing-shield in case the creature attacked him........     

OOC: Sorry Rainen and Brom for "acting for your characters"  but I am assuming that Kayle would go back to the shore of Lake Alto after getting the orb.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Mako was hiding in the woods when something fell from the sky and hit him on the head.

"Ahh!" Mako grunted as some human (Zackirus) fell from atop of his head, "Why you little!"

The human looked terrified and threw up a shield around itself.

"Fair enough," said Mako, turning from the human and continuing his mission.

But then he thought, Why the hell are you keeping him alive? He may alert the others! but then he thought, Nah, I think he's too scared to fight or speak at the moment.

So he kept walking, unknown to him that he was so concentrated on thinking on what to do with Zack, that he was wide open to visual and attack. Or was he?

Zackirus

In a quiet hushed voice after the creature left him to survive, Zack stuttered "Hey your that thing... that captured... that girl around.... 1.5 days ago..... I think.... your name is.... Mako..." Zack could almost see the twitch in the Things spine when he said those words. "I uhh probably shouldn't have uhhhh said that....." Zack laughed Nervously.

OOC: My character is known to stutter when he is surprised and say whatever he is thinking

- Lord Canada

Duskling

"Ok, buddy," Mako said, "I could've let you live, but you blew it. Now prepare yourself."

Mako was beginning to produce ice shards when he was hit with a shadow blast.

"AHH!" Mako yelled out in pain.

And so, the second battle of Lake Alto had begun...

Zackirus

Zack quickly dived out of sight as 4 people emerged from the caves. He stayed low not trying to make any noise. He crawled around one of the bigger trees and started to climb up it. Compared to Traten trees, these were nothing; he climbed all the way to a spot in the tree where he had a perfect view of the fight. On one side; the cave were huge chucks of ice and the other had numerous black/purple spots were shadowblasts hit. The fight saved him as the white creature apparently had forgotten about Zack and quickly turned to fight the four people who had attacked him. Zack carefully grabbed some of the berries from his bag and said cheers silently as he watched the perfect fight go on. He had a feeling of guilt however as the white creature would probably be destroyed so he sent a mind blast at the fat one and saw him go crumpling into the ground. "I guess that makes us even" Zack said to the white creature with a bit of arrogance telepathically. 

- Lord Canada

Duskling

When Mako saw Reese crumple to the floor, he didn't know whether to be surprised that he was alive before that, or fall over and laugh.

I guess we're even, said a voice in his head.

I don't know what just happened to the dead boy, but whatever did that, has my thanks, Mako thought.

Mako created a cryo blast strong enough to make the cave collapse, blocking the rebels' cover, and wounding Kayle, by smashing a rock on his leg. However, after Kayle was wounded, Mako was hit hard by a pyro blast, knocking him out cold (oh the irony!).

"I think we should get out of here," said Rainen.

"What about the Spriggat?" asked Kayle, clutching his wounded leg.

"Leave him, there's no way he'll find us again," replied Rainen, "So there's no reason to kill him."

"Oh, don't you worry," said Caitlin, "He'll find us somehow."

"Why does he want to kill us, anyway?" asked Kayle.

"Because that's what he's payed to do," explained Caitlin, nervous, because she knew that she would have to tell Kayle sooner or later.

"Nationalists?" asked Kayle.

"No Kayle," said Caitlin, "The Rebellion hired him to kill us."

"No..." said Kayle, "It can't be. Why would they do something like this?"

"Maybe he can tell us," said Rainen, motioning to Mako's unconscious body.

"I think you forgot about the part where he tried to kill us!!!" yelled Kayle.

"Well," said Caitlin, "It's worth a try, isn't it?"

[spoiler=Battle of Lake Alto] Click on the image to see it full-sized. There aren't any blonde characters in TRPG, so I just made Zack the Hero.[/spoiler]

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Zackirus on June 23, 2010, 09:21:37 PM
OOC: Sorry Rainen and Brom for "acting for your characters"  but I am assuming that Kayle would go back to the shore of Lake Alto after getting the orb.

I guess he would have... not that I have any choice...  After all, without my consent, together, you managed to
a) send both Kayle and Caitlin to the cave near Lake Alto
b) rekill Reese, and thus ending any hope for Kayle and Caitlin as their only hope was to work with Tratenites, who have now turned on them (in their mind at least)

May I remind you that this is not Hell Quest.  Avoid character control save for:
a) minor dialogue
b) doing something you are ABSOLUTELY sure the creator would have done (defending themselves from Mako, etc.)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Duskling on June 23, 2010, 06:11:30 PM
again, I don't understand where the cello reference came fom.

As I said, it's from Pachelbel's rant.
"Being a kid that played the cello sucked.  Because there's no way to be cool when your instrument is bigger than you."  Then it goes along the lines of "When you walk to school with a cello, you're like a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti... the bullies just smell you coming a mile away.  'Ooh, I don't know what that thing is, but I'm gonna break it!'''

I find your take on the scene interesting, Dusk: for one, they're at the Sea of Dragith (yes, the name Dragith is ALSO stolen from RuneScape), not Lake Alto.  I imagined it more like this, ast least during the summoning.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Here is my take on Dusk's take of the Second Battle of Lake Alto which is actually the Second Battle of the Sea of Dragith which is actually the First Battle of the Sea of Dragith Due To Naming Error.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Duskling

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 01:28:37 AM
Quote from: Duskling on June 23, 2010, 06:11:30 PM
again, I don't understand where the cello reference came fom.

As I said, it's from Pachelbel's rant.
"Being a kid that played the cello sucked.  Because there's no way to be cool when your instrument is bigger than you."  Then it goes along the lines of "When you walk to school with a cello, you're like a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti... the bullies just smell you coming a mile away.  'Ooh, I don't know what that thing is, but I'm gonna break it!'''

I find your take on the scene interesting, Dusk: for one, they're at the Sea of Dragith (yes, the name Dragith is ALSO stolen from RuneScape), not Lake Alto.  I imagined it more like this, ast least during the summoning.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I'm sorry then, but I thought that they were at Lake Alto because I saw it mentioned (I think) at least twice.

Bromtaghon

Zack was originally; he then headed to the village Steel was in, and then somehow found the whole Mortiferous incident, I can't remember how.

Duskling

I would like to get past this arguement and say that we are wherever Brom suggests it, since he remade the game. Also, I would like someone else to do the interrogation scene, I don't like beating up my own characters. :D