News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who is that Shadowling?

Started by Duskling, June 28, 2010, 05:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could this be Flavin?

Yes
1 (5.9%)
Maybe
10 (58.8%)
No
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Duskling

I've encountered a Shadowling in Somnus that is angry with Duvalier, "eats" him, and comments on his smell. Could this Shadowling be Flavin from TRPG2? Or is it that all Shadowlings just despise humans for the way we "reek of soft, spongy tissue?"

MikeW781

Flavin was never that bad...
And he was nice if you had spin saws
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

But what about without the spin saws? I recall him being so angry the Main stated that it felt like waves of heat were radiating from the Shadowling, and he noted that the Main smelled. Besides, he could've controlled his anger since he grew up, and turned the hatred into cleverness or something like that.

Bromtaghon

There's probably more than one Shadowling that hated humans with a passion that's in its blue stage at the moment.  If it was Flavin, though, it would be a nice reference.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

Methinks one would have a clearer indication if that was Flavin from Craig- I'm pretty sure that although few Shadowlings turned loyalist, quite a few,whilst not being so extreme, do continue believing in the "old values" of the Shadowling Empire.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Quote from: KZ on June 30, 2010, 05:00:18 PM
Methinks one would have a clearer indication if that was Flavin from Craig- I'm pretty sure that although few Shadowlings turned loyalist, quite a few,whilst not being so extreme, do continue believing in the "old values" of the Shadowling Empire.
... Flavin, maybe?

KZ

Indeed, but then he probably would be called Flavin by name - after all, the Main from TRPG2 somehow knew all the names of all the Shadowlings (except for Flavin, initially) so I'd expect the "Shadowling" to be a place-holder for a proper name. Then we'd know if that's Flavin or not. Still, Flavin already finished serving in the military, might that not be an indicator of him possibly turning purple by the time TSoG starts?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

I believe the Main from TRPG2 scanned those Shadowlings whose names he knew, for example: Snarl should've benn easy, since he usually hangs out in one spot, Flavin, however, tried to avoid the fleshling and therefore, must have never been scanned by the Main, not allowing him to know that Flavin is that Shadowling's name.

Zackirus

Well, Until Craig puts Spin Saws into the game we will never know!

Note: Who's That Poke.... I mean Shadowling! Its Pika.... ummm Flavin!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

I say its Flavin. I'm sure everyone thinks its Flavin.

Apparently I was wrong a few people voted no.

Duskling

I allowed people to change their votes in case of a change of mind, or CraigStern reveals who the Shadowling is, if he/she is important enough to have a name, anyway.

Tastidian

Well he feeds on you and other minor people have names like that man who insults you at the bar.

KZ

So far no one has voted (or changed their vote from) an affirmative "yes", which isn't surprising giving that there are probably many more Shadowlings who feel the same way as Flavin did, and having a different Shadowling express similar sentiments would, methinks, be much better, as it shows a more expanded universe and allows the players to apprecaite that there ins't just the one Shadowling called Flavin who can be quite disagreeable in nature and would openly savour feeding off the Main's negative emotions.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

KZ it is not that we don't want to see expanded telepath universe it is just that we like to see cameo appearances from Telepath Chapters One and Two. I mean when I saw the guard saying we should have got the Helenites then a big smile stretched across my face. I'm pretty sure all Telepath fans would like a bit of Nostalgia to go with their TSoG. 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I quite understand, Zackirus- I would definitely like to see many references to TRPG2 & 1, but I think in this case creating a "greater universe" might be worthwhile, rather than a cameo appearance for Flavin (plus, I think there is more than enough space and potential to include Flavin elsewhere in Somnus or outside of it... ;) ).
Welcome to the forums!