News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Re: Post / Download New Battles! How to post them?

Started by Frosty, February 22, 2010, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frosty

Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

CraigStern

That's easy: I've enabled it on these forums so that you can attach .sol files directly to your post. Your maps will remain hosted on the Sinister Design server, so you never have to worry about some third party file hosting service deleting your work. :)

Just click the Additional Options link below when you're typing a reply, then Attach your .sol file directly to the post. The file will then appear for everyone else who reads this thread to download.

Dayn

torugo

play telepath rpg chapter 3 and go to map editor mode at the bottome
mock the pheonix you will burn

Bromtaghon

For some reason when searching, I find only the individual files, not the folder.

I'm making a campaign, KZ-style, about the Psy Academy.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

How do we get these maps onto the C: drive? I can't find them no matter how hard I look, also, do they have some sort of folder or something?

CraigStern

KZ: please see attached pic for how to attach pics (and other stuff). :)

Duskling: just download them to your hard drive.

Duskling

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm changing my point over and over, but I meant our maps, the ones that we made: example: I've just completed a map, and want to show it to others, but I can't, since I don't know how to get it onto my Hard Drive.

Bromtaghon

Search for it, Duskie-poo, it's something like TelepathRPG3 something something .sol.  You might need to turn on non-indexed, hidden and system filed.
Turns out I'm a hypocrite.  Can't find it through searching.  Does anyone know the directory path thingy? Is it in Program Files?

Duskling

Alright then, where do you recommend I start, then? (Other than the C: drive.)

Bromtaghon

I'm searching in Program Files since that's where I last recall seeing them.  What operating system do you have? I have Vista.

Duskling

CraigStern

Attached is a picture showing the file path to all the game's .sol files on Vista on my machine.

(If you're playing the browser demo, you'd go into sinisterdesign.net instead of localhost, and the last node on the file path would be TSoG.swf--but everything before that should be the same.)

Duskling

I found it but there wasn't anything in there... not that I would know, I couldn't even open the folder.

CraigStern

Make sure you've got Windows' Folder Options set to view hidden files and folders. (Folder Options is accessible from Control Panel.)