News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Orb Ideas

Started by SmartyPants, August 20, 2010, 12:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

I agree on the immunity/resistance orb. It would be very useful. Very useful against Fernatus. If we had it by then, that is.

KZ

OK, folks: immunity/resistance orb has so far 6/6 voting yes on it. A couple of more people adding in their voices, and this gets formulated.
After which, I'd like to point out, all the spaces will effectively be filled for the orbs! (Unless I mis-counted, if someone could kindly check?)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

If it takes up all 15 spaces, that doesn't mean that we can't try thinking of more. Craig may not like some of them and toss 'em out the metaphorical window.

KZ

I agree there, I am just saying that if all the ideas get in, that will be sweet and we'll be all complete. Otherwise, we sure can have back-up ideas, why not?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

Pink Orb- Inverses elemental affinity.

"As you pick up the orb, you feel a dizzy and black put. You wake up several seconds later and realize you can no longer control (fire/ice/light/shadow). Instead you feel that you can control (insert opposite here).

Opposites could be:
Fire-Ice
Light-Shadow

Ertxiem

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 12:34:22 PM[...]
Thus, who's for and who's against an orb which:
- turns Immunity into Resistance and Resistances only reduce damage by 25%

PS
Ok, just done re-count of all orbs- Ert's was neutral, effectively, I think I skipped it last time. Thus, 3/7 which is less than 50%, thus, for now it's a no go. Let's see what other suggestions there will be- if anything is more popular, then we'll come back to it, otherwise we'll stick with more popular ideas (e.g. immunity/resistance orb might be more popular, etc).

I'm in favour of that orb. And I really enjoyed the way the explanations of the way it works are growing. I just like to point out that I think that something else could be said so that it wouldn't appear that all attacks should make more damage, instead of only the ones against a resistance. I'll think about it and I will say something later.

You can count my vote for the "mental resistance" orb. I have a slightly positive opinion about it. (Previously, when my opinion was counted as neutral, then either my vote should be counted as 0.5 in favour or I wouldn't count on the total voters, hence we would have 3.5/7 people, or 3/6 people in favour).

I dislike the inverses elemental affinity orb. It doesn't make much sense to me.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on September 04, 2010, 04:30:56 PM
Pink Orb- Inverses elemental affinity.

"As you pick up the orb, you feel a dizzy and black put. You wake up several seconds later and realize you can no longer control (fire/ice/light/shadow). Instead you feel that you can control (insert opposite here).
I don't even think an orb would make it that easy to learn other elements.  Why Pink?

bugfartboy

I just saw a towel and thought, "I havnt seen a pink orb yet".

ArtDrake

While I don't think it fits, I'd like to say that perhaps the orb wouldn't help you learn the other element, but reverse your efforts. Were you trying to heat something up, it would cool down, and vice versa. That way, you would still have one element, and use it the same way, but if you are playing against an enemy with a resistance to your element...

It should probably be too bad, so that you have to have an enemy be resistant to you some of the time.

Why I defend ideas I myself don't even support, I don't know.

KZ

Ok, the immunity/resistance orb has 7/7 votes for, thus I shall be adding it to formulated.

Personally, I am against the Pink Orb/inverse affinity (and the colour doesn't matter really- it's arbitrary and won't carry through anyway, so why bother- better stick to orb functionality to make things clear), as it does not make sense to me either, and I do not see any use for it much (plus, it might be difficult to code in as well, swapping attacks of one element to another- loads of potential bugs await).
Welcome to the forums!

MikeW781

I too, dislike the Pink Orb.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

I'm sorry but I could never give up light to become shadow
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

You wouldn't have to use the orb...

Darn it! There I go again!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 04, 2010, 04:35:02 PMYou can count my vote for the "mental resistance" orb. I have a slightly positive opinion about it. (Previously, when my opinion was counted as neutral, then either my vote should be counted as 0.5 in favour or I wouldn't count on the total voters, hence we would have 3.5/7 people, or 3/6 people in favour).
Does anyone else want to change their vote, so they can protect themselves from Mind Blast?