News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What does Ertxiem stand for?

Started by KZ, August 31, 2010, 07:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

KZ

I've got only one question then: who or what is "Ert"? :P
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 07:54:31 PM
Ah yes, there it is, coming out, the Focus Pills- you now what they say- many a doctor is tempted to do better, and Focus Pills are such an easily solution to the problem. :P
This clearly backs my original idea of you working in a "special" (maybe VIP, and nothing else :P) hospital!
What can I say: It has focus pills... at least it's VIP (thank you for that).

Well, you saw plants near a swamp, you were confused, too tired from taking too many focus pills, you weren't thinking clearly. Excuses are numerous! :P
I guess you meant I was too tired for not taking enough focus pills.
[spoiler=I have no problem with focus pills]I said that I have no problem with focus pills.
DO YOU HEAR ME? I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FOCUS PILLS.
* Nurse comes in with my medicine. *
Sorry for shouting. I'm better now.
Please, remember, I have no problem with the focus pills.
lol
[/spoiler]

Yep- I admit that I was stretching it a bit- it would make sense to have things in order and all. But who knows, maybe you felt *adventurous* and *daring*, so you mixed up the letters!!
Carl Sagan- easy, I mention specifically that in your username you went for the scientists,and he isn't one!
Ouch!

Ah, got a new theroy, and I really have you there- your real name is Petr Uchytil, and you gave yourself away by using both your real name, and the shortened version of your username ('cause you like it so much- Ert) in your twitter account! You are, in fact, a sexologist, some sort of ecologist (marine stuff coming up here!) and an amateur philosopher!
Now, 'cause you're Polish, you'll be familiar with Cyrillic and through them, Greek letters- that's 'cause you're a smart individual interested in expanding your horizons. Thus, you know how to pronounce Greek letters, but you have no idea what they mean!
I have no argument against that theory, other than: what does "ert" mean in Polish?
Thinking about things that I don't know what they mean, I remembered the traffic lights. Perhaps you may need to read the lyrics since the song is fast paced and it's really worth feeling the poetry within.

Quote from: bugfartboy on September 02, 2010, 07:29:09 AM
ExtraTerrestRialsInsideErtsMouth.
You tried to present a nice recurring acronym, but not elegant, since there isn't a pattern in the letter selection.
Furthermore, KZ almost got it right: who is ETRIEM?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Sorry. Typo. I need to think some more.

KZ

Ok, so focus pills first- yep, it's high class VIP, and (coupled with second point), maybe it's a "special","anonymous" place, if you get the drift :)
There you can share with your fellow,err, dead cows, how it feels like to, err, not have a problem related to focus pills!

Ouch indeed- the poor Carl, he feels so left out, you know! Better send him your focus pills to atone for such behaviour on your behalf!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what "ert" means in Polish- to a first approximation, it's not even a word! Maybe it's what they call an amateur philosopher, who also happens to be a sexologist and an ecologist.

Hey Ert- in that acronym expansion the subject of the expansion was a certain "Ert". Thus, not only do we have a typo, we also don't know who ert is!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

It's a nice place indeed.

We, the dead, aren't as hypersensitive as you, living beings. And, by the way, I think you are the one who should meet him and apologize for being impolite.

I took a look at a Polish dictionary and, unfortunately, "ert" isn't there... :( So it seems that I'm not Polish. (Does that mean I'm rude? Just kidding. I know I'm rude.)

I noticed the "Ert" (or Ert's, without the apostrophe, to be precise) in bugfartboy's suggestion. But since I met him briefly in the other side of the mirror, I know more or less who he is.

I guess I need some focus pills. I'm not making any sense.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

Good, everyone is happy in that special place then! :)

Muhu, and what if we show you that over some hedge there is a field of focus pills? That's right, focus pills...
....now see what you've done- can't mention them without dead cows trampling the place in search of them! Ah, must be shamed of yourself for that!
Nah, I am being specific in my guesses, that's all!

Guess you're right- that's foolproof logic there, but I think you haven't quite reached the ultimate conclusion there: if there is no word for you in a dictiornary, then you don't exist! O-O!
At least in Poland you don't! But "Ert" is a word in Vietnamese- so I guess that settles the question of your nationality!

Really? Did he say anything interesting? Was it anything like Alice in Wonderland?

Yep, more focus pills- that's always the way to go!

Welcome to the forums!

bugfartboy

Care to share?
[spoiler] Ert stands for E R T X I E M. [/spoiler]

Ertxiem

Now, now, let's not generalize. Not all dead cow have the same affinity as I have with focus pills.

And, since we're talking about it, does Moiraine knows that you got that many focus pills?

So, KZ, you found out that I don't exist in Poland. That's accurate.
About the Vietnamese, I think that you mentioned before that xiem is a food ingredient in Vietnamese. What does ert mean?

That person on the other side of the mirror didn't talked at all. I just saw him a few times, so I know his face, but not much more than that.

I can't deny that one. You got it right, Arch Preist of Craiginism!
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

Yay me!!! Electronic Robots Take Xenographic Images En Masse

KZ

Well, that's just simply a well-kept secret! ;)

Moiraine is my friend, she understands that I am doing a highly important field study, y'see, and I am helping her develop a new generation of focus pills.

Ah, getting old, getting old, I meant to talk about  "xiem", not "ert"! At least part of you exists in Vietnamese!
When I tried to answer the almighty question of "what does ert" mean, the almighty google along with almighty babylon's free dictionary suggested estrogen replacement threapy... does this mean you are not a he, as is well speculated around??

Hm, that's unusual behaviour. I suggest you ask him some questions about it- if he continues that way, call in the cops and an ambulance, that mirror person might be hiding something!

Wow, BFB, or, these days, APoC got it spot on, the skill and daring there!
Welcome to the forums!

bugfartboy

Whether or not this was already known, Ert has his google in Portuguese!!! A step closer!!!

ArtDrake

Erdõs
Richard Feynman
Tesla
Xenocrates
Isaac Newton
Einstein
Maxwell

His favorite mathematicians, physicists, and scientists!

Ertxiem

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 07, 2010, 08:20:49 PM
Yay me!!! Electronic Robots Take Xenographic Images En Masse

Well, perhaps that wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I chose my nickname... :)
Nice try, though.

Quote from: KZ on September 07, 2010, 08:27:21 PM
Well, that's just simply a well-kept secret! ;)

Moiraine is my friend, she understands that I am doing a highly important field study, y'see, and I am helping her develop a new generation of focus pills.

Ah, getting old, getting old, I meant to talk about  "xiem", not "ert"! At least part of you exists in Vietnamese!
When I tried to answer the almighty question of "what does ert" mean, the almighty google along with almighty babylon's free dictionary suggested estrogen replacement threapy... does this mean you are not a he, as is well speculated around??

Hm, that's unusual behaviour. I suggest you ask him some questions about it- if he continues that way, call in the cops and an ambulance, that mirror person might be hiding something!

Wow, BFB, or, these days, APoC got it spot on, the skill and daring there!

Shame on you, KZ, for generalizing. I'm the only one odd behaving dead cow.

I hope you include Moiraine's name when you publish your so called "scientific" study in the renown scientific Journal of the Telepathy and Psy Academia... if you meet their standards and pass through their demanding referees, of course. :P

I'm very offending with your suggestion that I'm not a male dead cow! How dare you! Of course I am. How could anyone think otherwise? If you continue that silly line of thought, you might as well claim that it's impossible for me to be a dead cow. Ridiculous!
Now, the estrogen replacement therapy is necessary due to a rare disease that I have. I won't go into detail.
[spoiler=disease?]Of course not![/spoiler]

I just called the cops and an ambulance. They arrested the person on the mirror after I sue him for stalking. The court process took ages and I had to be present, of course. That's the true reason for me to be away from the forums for so long.  But I won and that person has now a restraining order. Now, when I look in the mirror there is nobody there. Thankfully!

I just hope KZ returns someday to read my reply.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on March 23, 2011, 08:53:42 PM
Whether or not this was already known, Ert has his google in Portuguese!!! A step closer!!!

Ah! I miscalculated move on my side! Nevertheless, it's still possible that I was visiting Portugal for a few days or using a friend's computer.

Quote from: Duckling on March 24, 2011, 08:43:13 PM
Erdõs
Richard Feynman
Tesla
Xenocrates
Isaac Newton
Einstein
Maxwell

His favorite mathematicians, physicists, and scientists!

That's actually a very good suggestion! I really enjoy those areas in science and the list is well populated. But, unfortunately, that's not the meaning of my nickname. Perhaps because I didn't thought about it when choosing it. Furthermore, there is the small point to be made that in that list sometimes it's the first name that determines the letter to be used and other times it's the family name. I would never do such a thing! :)

Richard Feynman's books are amazing (namely, Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!).
Einstein was amazing, and apparently he was quite a character. Erdős was eccentric, to say the least. Newton, Maxwell and Tesla are classics. Xenocrates is less well known in these areas, but is a good representative of the ancient Greek scientific heritage.

So, keep your suggestions coming. Perhaps somebody will get the right answer.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

"Ert" is Swedish for "Your" and, as said by KZ before, "xiem" is Vietnamese for "Siamese". Thus, Ertxiem actually is either a twin to someone or a Siamese cat. One of the two. He is also very fluent in Vietnamese, Swedish, Portugese, and apparently English!