News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Bugs and assistance

Started by Frogulis, January 11, 2013, 10:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogulis

Heyo everyone,

I didn't find any similar thread specifically for Telepath Tactics, so I thought I'd make my first post here a (hopefully) useful one.

I'll kick this thread off with a bug that is, rather unfortunately, preventing me from playing the public demo.

When I enter the demo, I choose to start the campaign and successfully make it through the opening dialogue.
Unfortunately, this is as far as I can get by following the instructions.
Attempting to left click on the character does nothing, and I had to press space to advance to the movement stage.
I successfully moved once and managed to rotate my character.
However this is as far as I got, as I couldn't bring up any sort of dialogue box by right clicking on the ground. Because of this, I also had to kill the process to quit the demo.

Any help is much appreciated.

CraigStern

Hi Frogulis! It sounds like you might be running an outdated version of the demo. Do you remember where you downloaded it from?

To fix it, just download again from this page and run the installer: it should overwrite your old install with a working version of the game.

Frogulis

Hey Craig,

I had previously installed the demo using the installer from the link that you provided. Upon attempting to reinstall, I was informed that I already had the latest version.

However, I tried reinstalling.

I was able to get through the first scene (using space), although I was still unable to select Emily by left-clicking on her.

Everything else seems to working fine.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and Adobe AIR is up to date.

CraigStern

What happens when you left-click Emma? Can you right-click?

Frogulis

Left-clicking Emma (not Emily, silly me) has no effect. Right clicking on Emma or anywhere on the screen brings up the option to quit, or in the right context, options such as ending my turn.

CraigStern

How strange. Does your computer have touchscreen support, by any chance?

Frogulis

No, it doesn't.
It really is very strange. I'll give it a shot on Debian to see whether it's just me doing something terribly wrong.

EDIT: The updated demo works fine. Go figure.

CraigStern