News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Stay on topic, guys. We don't need to have a thread about the meaning of the word "speculation."

SmartyPants

Sorry.  It is difficult to keep a dicussion going when some people don't understand simple words.

I noticed that all sprites you have so far are armed and you discribe the spriggats having claw attacks.  So, what classes will still use mind blast?

Are the Shadowlings of TT considered Psy Assassins?

CraigStern

Shadowlings in TT are essentially psy assassins of the Darkling variety, albeit with somewhat reduced movement. They can Shadowport 2 to 3 spaces, and use Mind Blast and Shadow Blast.

All of the Psy Fighter classes still use Mind Blast as well.

CraigStern

Ah, indeed: spirits get Mind Blast too. Forgot about them. :D

Spirits also get Transfer, Soul Suck, and Drain (a less powerful version than the one Iblis has--it's purely an offensive PsP-killing attack).

bugfartboy

Will enemies have a PsP limit as well, Craig?

Duskling

Is... Traten possibly involved in TT?

CraigStern

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 18, 2011, 07:37:32 PM
Will enemies have a PsP limit as well, Craig?

Everyone has a PSP limit. Since I'm designing it as a multiplayer game, all units are designed with human players in mind--the AI is going to be built from the ground up to take over playing the characters using the same exact rules human players have to abide by.

So far, I've got the computer successfully moving characters around in accordance with all the rules of the game, including character movement range. Suffice it to say that the days of enemies with limitless PsP and 3 spaces of max movement are numbered.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 19, 2011, 01:52:00 AM
How difficult is it going to be to program AI for so many complex units?

It will be challenging, at the very least; but I'm also a much much better programmer than I was back when I coded the AI for TSoG. We'll see how it shakes out.

bugfartboy

Now I'm really excited for the game to be in open demo, provided there's going to be one. A fair and balanced battle, intelligent AI, and the ability to play against other people... Sounds like a really good game. Craig... Thank you!!!

Xemadus Echina

I still want to try out the alpha.  Is enough of the game and engine finished that it's actually possible to play VS. the computer without any errors? And by that I mean is it possible to play the computer and actually lose (while trying)? and what will difficulty levels affect? the computer's judgment? stats?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on June 22, 2011, 12:55:39 AM
I still want to try out the alpha.  Is enough of the game and engine finished that it's actually possible to play VS. the computer without any errors? And by that I mean is it possible to play the computer and actually lose (while trying)? and what will difficulty levels affect? the computer's judgment? stats?
You're getting a bit too excited, methinks. Craig hasn't even fully completed TSoG yet, and you want to play a new game right now? When Craig decides to let us play an alpha or beta, he will notify us, until then, there's no point in putting him off track with questions such as those. My point being: Patience, just wait, and all will come in time.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duskling on June 22, 2011, 12:59:34 AM
Quote from: rainen on June 22, 2011, 12:55:39 AM
You're getting a bit too excited, methinks. Craig hasn't even fully completed TSoG yet, and you want to play a new game right now? When Craig decides to let us play an alpha or beta, he will notify us, until then, there's no point in putting him off track with questions such as those. My point being: Patience, just wait, and all will come in time.
Yes, Master Yoda. :P I just think everyone is excited about the game.

CraigStern

I'm building the groundwork for TT right now; it's not really playable as a single player experience yet. All the AI does is move guys around at random--it doesn't formulate a plan or launch attacks yet.