News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Will the grapple chain move from being a regular item to a piece of equipment?

CraigStern

Ertxiem

Does the dependsUpon works with non weapon items?
My initial though was having an orb that granted a special attack to the person holding it.

My second though was having a skill tree, where a skill to be available depended on certain stats, weapons and prior knowledge of lower level attacks.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quote from: Ertxiem on April 22, 2013, 01:38:18 AM
Does the dependsUpon works with non weapon items?

DependsUpon is an attribute of attacks and skills, not items. Funnily enough, though, I did just add item requirements last night: check the devlog. :)

JeenLeen

Can a unit willingly walk into lava?  If not, could/would you add that in?  (In the demo version I have, I don't believe I was able to but I may be wrong.) 
It just occurred to me how there could be some, likely rare, times when taking 20 damage and losing a round to swim through a square of lava could be a wise tactical move.

In a similar vein, should units be able to 'jump' and take falling damage/stunning (if applicable) by moving off of a high-elevation panel onto a low-elevation one?  I'm just talking about moving to the square next to them, not any additional movement.

Edit: on that note, I realized while playing through the campaign demo that the assassin could use Leap to jump (it seemed) any amount of elevation.  I jumped from the ground to the top of the tower those two sniper-archers are on, for example.  I assumed this was intentionally allowed--I appreciated how awesome being able to do that was--but I figure I'll mention it in case it was a bug not a feature  :D  (And, again, this was using a demo version from about a month ago.)

CraigStern

That last example is indeed intentional. :)

You cannot have characters voluntarily walk onto squares they can't normally walk onto, but you can shove them.

JeenLeen

Quote from: CraigStern on April 25, 2013, 04:29:34 PM
You cannot have characters voluntarily walk onto squares they can't normally walk onto, but you can shove them.

With the modding features, could I create a tile that works like lava (deals 20 damage if you are non-flying on it at turn-start, and if you move off of it, it uses all your move, no action allowed, and 2 energy cost) except that units can move into it normally?

Can any tile be given the 'need to swim through' feature that water and lava have (i.e., the "if you move off of it, it uses all your move, no action allowed, and 2 energy cost" I mention above)?

If I can create such, do you know if it would cost 1 move to enter and then all your move to exit, thereby allowing you to move through without taking any damage, or all my move to enter and I'd have to wait until next turn to exit?

CraigStern

Quote from: JeenLeen on April 26, 2013, 08:56:58 AMWith the modding features, could I create a tile that works like lava (deals 20 damage if you are non-flying on it at turn-start, and if you move off of it, it uses all your move, no action allowed, and 2 energy cost) except that units can move into it normally?

Can any tile be given the 'need to swim through' feature that water and lava have (i.e., the "if you move off of it, it uses all your move, no action allowed, and 2 energy cost" I mention above)?

Yes and yes.

Quote from: JeenLeen on April 26, 2013, 08:56:58 AMIf I can create such, do you know if it would cost 1 move to enter and then all your move to exit, thereby allowing you to move through without taking any damage, or all my move to enter and I'd have to wait until next turn to exit?

You cannot voluntarily enter a space like that unless your character flies, just as with water and lava: the best you can do is use a second character to shove them in, then have the character swim out.

bugfartboy

Is it possible to create a tile affecting solely flying and levitating/hovering units?

Or in another respect: a tile that only land units can cross?

CraigStern

Yes, you can make a tile that only non-flying units can pass--though there isn't currently a mechanism to make it so it damages flying units.

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on April 30, 2013, 09:48:21 PM
Aaaaaand the fixed installers are up; just download and Replace your install. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Great! I was a few mere seconds away from complaining about it. I like the maps you've included in it, and can't wait to get the most recent version of the map-editor!

strikereternal

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 30, 2013, 09:57:29 PM
can't wait to get the most recent version of the map-editor!

Do we have any idea when that will happen?

bugfartboy

Seeing as he's finally delivering backer rewards, we can assume that it won't take too long. He does have over a thousand backers to satisfy at some point.

bugfartboy

-Begin Double Post-

I like that there are now equipable items, but I don't like the fact that they shift the whole attack bar to the right.

mirromaru

Hey there! I just wanted to leave a quick thank you for delivering an early release that is fun to play! I'm positively amazed at how well this has turned out so far, I really look forward to further developments :)

I'm also really looking forward to the editor, the engine is just like I hoped it would turn out :)