News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Thank you! I'm glad you're liking it. ;)

Ertxiem

Quote from: CraigStern on May 05, 2013, 12:13:34 AM
Bug fixes!

• fixed a textfield error in the map editor that made it so you could only use hyphens and forward-slashes when naming the speaker (rather than allowing all numbers, letters and symbols other than hyphens and forward-slashes)
[...]

Craig: I just got a little worried about the "all [...] symbols" part. Perhaps you just used a loose language.
Nevertheless, it seems to me that it would be better to just allow letters and numbers and perhaps the apostrophe. It would be nice if accented letters would be included too.
However, allowing backslahes and other uncommon characters to be included in the speaker's name may allow weird things to happen afterwards.

Other than that, I'm really liking the way TT is evolving. Very nice work!
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quoteallowing backslahes and other uncommon characters to be included in the speaker's name may allow weird things to happen afterwards

Nope. The only reason I don't allow hyphens and forward-slashes is because I use those in parsing strings. Any other symbol will be fine.

Ertxiem

Quote from: CraigStern on May 05, 2013, 12:30:33 PM
Nope. The only reason I don't allow hyphens and forward-slashes is because I use those in parsing strings. Any other symbol will be fine.

Even commas, parenthesis and brackets?
What about other encodings of the forward slash: / , %2F or U+002F?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

Quote from: Ertxiem on May 05, 2013, 04:51:35 PMEven commas, parenthesis and brackets?

Of course. Look in the demo: you see dialog with commas and parentheses, yes? In this context, it works fine.

I do not believe that those encodings will work.

Ertxiem

Yeah. The commas and the parentheses were a bit silly of me!
All I can say is: the brain is a wonderful organ. I must remember to use it more often. :P
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

I'm having some trouble with the dialog box. I can see the first two reply options, albeit somewhat awkwardly, and can't see the third.

ArtDrake

Hey Ert -- were you thinking something like this might happen?

Also, I think there might be legitimate problems with U+202E, as there invariably are.

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 06, 2013, 05:15:08 PM
I'm having some trouble with the dialog box. I can see the first two reply options, albeit somewhat awkwardly, and can't see the third.

This should probably go in the bug section. Also: I noticed you're running the game in windowed mode. Does it do this for you in fullscreen mode as well?

Ertxiem

Quote from: Duckling on May 06, 2013, 07:12:49 PM
Hey Ert -- were you thinking something like this might happen?

Also, I think there might be legitimate problems with U+202E, as there invariably are.
Yeah. Sort of.
By the way, have you checked the name of the Daughter? Hoover your mouse over the cartoon. ;)

Do you mean problems like this one?

Ert, the Dead Cow.

ArtDrake

[I didn't even have to click the link to know which one].tnaem uoy

And yeah, I'm thinking that might be a slight issue, at least when it comes to using a custom name with U+202E in it along with other text in a larger text box. Like, you know, in dialog.

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on May 07, 2013, 02:23:13 PM
The game now allows you to change a character's name or movement type using the SetStat action. To do so, set the StatName parameter to Name or MoveType, then add a fifth parameter onto the end with the new name (with first and last name delimited by a forward slash) or movement type (land or flying).

(NOTE: It doesn't matter what you use for the operation or amount parameters when editing Name or MoveType.)
I like this... :)

I'm finding that it's difficult to use basic math with the way the actions in dialog work. I appreciate them for their existence, but it's impossible to create basic sequences: i.e. UpgradeCost=CurrentStrength*25 is impossible.

CraigStern

No it's not: use SetValByStat followed by SetVal.

bugfartboy

Sorry. I wasn't aware of SetValByStat's existence. I was just reading through the actions part of the manual, and didn't see it anywhere.

CraigStern

Ah, indeed; I forgot to add those in there. They're listed in the Devlog. ;)