News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

bugfartboy

I can't help but wonder if I could script something for that. Speed/movetype limitations based on items carried, used, and equipped. I think I'm going to look into this, now.

Although I have no idea how a shadowling would get around, if not by floating. Are shadowlings substantial enough to roll? I'd hope so, if they're substantial enough to carry all of that gear, even if one does give them access to hammerspace.

SmartyPants

Telepath Tactics and Fire Emblem have weapons break after many uses.  While it is realistic that weapon wear and break, I don't understand the point of the breakable weapon as a game mechanic.  I find it frustrating to spend most of my gold on spare weapons instead on more interesting things such as armor and gadgets. Is there some balancing effect to this game mechanic that I'm not seeing?

CraigStern

It adds a resource management element to the game that isn't present otherwise. It forces you to make hard decisions with your available funds, it forces you to scavenge supplies off the battlefield whenever possible, and it incentivizes efficient fighting (sticking around a battlefield and grinding for experience is going to put a strain on your equipment).

Thaecrasis

Exception to that is simply surrounding the last enemy of the map and shoving them around, then healing whoever he attacks; exp all around with no weapon damage :P

LightningLord2

What's the point of "Bases for Generals"? It seems to be promoted units instead of default ones, but their stats are identical to the unpromoted ones.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a difference in Generals mode. Would love to see a Generals mod where you can choose which base classes your General can recruit (maybe even one where you start with just him and need to build up your army using his skills)

SmartyPants

It would be nice if I could scroll over a character and see how many counterattacks he or she has. It seem like more work than it should be to right click on every enemy to see if they can counterattack or how many counterattacks they have left.

Senteria

Quote7. found and fixed typos in the Meridian rescue mission that unintentionally rendered the task of killing all enemies much easier than I had intended. (Unless you're a tactical genius, you're basically supposed to flee the battle at some point.)

Killing them all was really hard though! Does this mean I'm a tactical genius?  :o

LightningLord2

Would it be possible to implement a recruitment/shop dialogue that's easier to edit? So that all you need to set up is the buyable recruits/items and you're good to go.

bugfartboy

Quote from: LightningLord2 on April 29, 2015, 05:17:39 PM
Would it be possible to implement a recruitment/shop dialogue that's easier to edit? So that all you need to set up is the buyable recruits/items and you're good to go.
After taking a couple good looks at it, my answer would be "No."  While you could definitely stream-line dialog to require less input from the player, the actual process would be tricky to simplify further without losing functionality.  In reality: as long as you take a few minutes to understand how the shop dialog actually works, it's not too difficult to modify.

LightningLord2

Small request for future update: How about a single six player map? I'm a little confused that there's a 3v3 mode in the menu but you can't play a map it's suited for.

CraigStern

Ahhh, right. I actually had a couple of 6-player maps (Archipelago and Hotfoot Cavern), but I wasn't happy with them, so I nixed them from the release. I'd really be curious to see if any of you guys can do a better job than I did and make a 6-player map that's genuinely good. ;)

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on May 05, 2015, 04:14:19 PM
Hotfoot Cavern
Yeah. Hotfoot Cavern was... not your best work. :P Too many bridge tiles.

LightningLord2

Also, I'd like to have an army setup option that brings up the deployment window for each player so you can place your dudes where you want them to be. Leave the setup option as it is right now, though, in case you want a faster game. However, I find it hard to plan my team when they might end up in a bad formation since I don't know where which unit will go on the map.

bugfartboy

--added a sound effect to the game so it's really apparent when a character's weapon breaks.
Why not just pop-up text?