News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 09:40:12 PM
Ooh, ooh how about rend

Griffin
Cost 5 psp
Effect reduce enemy defence and atk
Griffin strikes enemy with flat side of his sword and makes the enemy unfocused and in pain
Damage= 1/2 level (round down) lower=level+1/4(round down) strength.
Messes with enemy AI, so Nay! Nay! Nay!

I get sick of telling people that attacks can't mess enemy AI and enemies can't have speeds over 4.

The Holy namelesskitty

Gaaaaahhh so many rules, could you list them so that M great ideas don't need to be shot down.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 09:48:43 PM
Gaaaaahhh so many rules, could you list them so that M great ideas don't need to be shot down.
There are only two.  You been around long enough to know them.

Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 06, 2010, 09:50:30 PM
What about my idea im2smart4u?
Which idea?

Ertxiem

About the jump'n'stab. If Arman isn't able to move after the attack, then we might as well jump over the enemy and stab him afterwards. Perhaps the movement cost should be raised to prevent over-using it...

Parry and Riposte: nay.
Griffin already has a counter and if the AI can understand that we used that attack it will turn it useless (by attacking from a distance).

The future knowledge is more appropriate to Duvalier, since he's the one with the sight... mmm... that gives me an idea for an orb...

The Griffin rend attack that was suggested by namelesskitty is similar to Arman's poison stab.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

I don't see any reason for the AI to know about the counter, if it's an attack that only happens when he sets himself up for it. Spearmen don't have that much PsP, so using Parry and Risposte on every turn would not be an effective use of PsP. Thus, the enemy can't expect this parry all the time, and should be programmed to ignore it. The main difference between Rajav's and Griffin's counter would be that Rajav's would be the exception, not the rule, and the enemy would have no reason to expect it. Their avoidance of the counter sometimes costs them strategically, and for this, even if the AI did know about it, the cost of avoiding the spearman's unlikely counter would outweigh the benefit of not landing a hit.

KZ

Jump'n'stab: yay just because it adds variety and may be used in same way as Griffin's backhander or a Long Shield. It may not be used all the time, but there will come situations where it will be handy.

Parry and Riposte: nay, same reasons as Ert.

Future Knowledge: nay, too difficult to explain how she can work out what will happen next- as far as we know, she does not have the temporal Sight.

Griffin Rend: nay, it's not in his character to fight dirty and weaken an enemy- that's more Arman's style.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

Ertxiem

Arch Preist of Craiginism: Are you talking about future knowledge?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Yes. Though maybe a different name. And in an orb that boosts the sight.

Zackirus

We still have the topic of Arrow Rain. Since most people agree to arrow rain and we can't decide on which variation to use why not vote on it:

Formation 1:

OXOXO
OOXOO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOROO

Formation 2:

OXXXO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOROO

Formation 3: (Note I was thinking about this and thought why can't Rahel just do 2 sets of Split Shot 2)

OXXXO
OXXXO
OOOOO
OOROO

I personally like Formation 3 The Best.

Other Ideas

Jump'n'stab: Nay, because you could keep jumping over the same person over and over again, it would need a higher PsP

Parry and Riposte: Nay, Super Counter, I would rather just backstab for even more damage

Future Knowledge: Nay, I don't think luca can read so many people's mind's at once

Griffin Rend: Nay, Same as Erts

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Let's vote on formations then, folks!
I say yay to formation 2, because it's a composite of two already-existing attacks- formation 3 is ok, but rahel can only shoot 2 arrows at shorter distances (this can be explained that wider angles are required to hit the targets and therefore it is harder to control more arrows at shorter distances) with her split shot.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

The Holy namelesskitty

Luca lull

OOXOO
OOLOO
OOOOO

L=luca

cost 11psp-1/2 atk level (round up) min 6
effect, setup for assasinate/sleep

the targeted unit is put to sleep by luca entering their mind and inserting calming and tiring thoughts, then unit is susceptible to assassinate (below) for one turn.

Arman Assassinate

OOXOO
OOAOO
OOOOO

cost 3/4 total PsP

damage=str+(2*level)

Effect, powerful, conditional, attack, meant for deathblow.

Arman kills the sleeping unit while it is completely defenseless

yes I know this combo is pushing it, but I really like it maybe luca can learn lull earlier, but assassinate is a harder attack to get.
if assassinate is already taken, then death stab.

yay form 2
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

KZ

Too complicated this Luca Lull and Arman Assassinate. The former deals with affecting enemy AI by reducing its speed to 0 (sleep), the latter is actually coupled to the former, making it very difficult to code, and I think it's much easier to find other ways to kill a unit, rather than "setting up" a kill, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!