News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

One last little update: the Actions Window now has a Next Character button. Just a little oversight I wanted to correct.

I'll be updating the installers momentarily.

bugfartboy

Is there currently any way to compare a variable with another variable? An "if" and "goto" statement in particular?

CraigStern

Nope, but I can totally add one. ;)

bugfartboy

bugfartboy

Is there currently any way to play custom music in a battle?

CraigStern

For technical reasons that are boring and probably not worth discussing, you're limited to the tracks available in the game. I'll look into ways of getting around that in the future, but that is how it's going to be for some time going forward.

Ertxiem

Well, technically, you can always stop the game's music and play something else on your preferred media player.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

I noticed the trigger "OnCharAttacked" isn't in the "completed" manual... ;)

CraigStern

"Completed" isn't strictly correct; it just now covers all areas of modding. The manual can't be complete until the game is complete, because I'm continuing to refine things and add features.

But yeah, I must have forgotten that one. :P

bugfartboy

I did eventually figure out all the parameters, based on Garret the Impaler's dialog triggers.

Is there any way to have onCharAttacked triggered on the same character multiple times in the same map? I.E. Allowing The Talker to start the same conversation with The Dummy multiple times without me reloading the map anytime the conversation ends?

CraigStern

That's a thing that's on my List: making it so you can set dialog to get triggered more than once per battle.

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on May 16, 2013, 10:04:39 PM
Telepath Tactics has a new dialog trigger in-game: OnTalk. This lets the player trigger conversations between characters voluntarily by moving characters adjacent to each other and selecting "Talk" from the Actions Bar. (Think support conversations from Fire Emblem.)

OnTalk has only two parameters: the names of two characters. (These are the characters that can initiate the conversation by being adjacent and hitting Talk.)

The installers have been updated.
You just have to keep rendering my shabby workarounds ineffective, don't you? I like it. :)

bugfartboy

When is the next shipment of backer rewards expected to go out?

CraigStern

The deadline to submit to Indiecade is Friday, so that's my focus for right now. I'm hoping to get some more of the backer rewards out next week.

bugfartboy

Sounds more than reasonable! Go propgate Telepath Tactics throughout the world!