News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

That'll be fixed also; not to worry.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Deagonx on July 10, 2011, 01:03:57 AM
Name your character Griffin, and click the next button before it dissapears.

Then, in battle, you will have 2 Griffins, with the same stats and skills.

Just seems to me that it's better suited on the bugs section.

And, by the way, Craig is answering to Deagonx post about the crypts not being finished yet.

Edit: I think I remember the naming bug being mentioned before...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

It has, if memory serves. Which, usually, it does.

ArtDrake

I'm not sure whether or not you've fixed this bug, but whenever ranged attacks are performed from below, in the direction opposite to that in which the enemy is facing, if the character performing the attack has just turned left with the "Q" hotkey for turning, the attack fails to do backstab damage.

This happens a lot more than it sounds like it would, especially when using the Hero's elemental blast.

Deagonx

During the Elan boss fight, a lot of the time the White Spriggat reinforcements show up outside the entrance, behind the trees. Since the trees are attributed as walls the spriggats cannot fly past them. And duvalier cannot attack past them. Making the battle unbeatable.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

I see the problem--that'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks!

Deagonx

When you teach Malis shadowport, in the little preview thing right after you press new skill, she ports to the same place O_o

ArtDrake

And if she didn't, she'd eventually go off the screen, wouldn't she?

Ertxiem

Quote from: Osirus on July 14, 2011, 08:54:25 PM
And if she didn't, she'd eventually go off the screen, wouldn't she?
Not necessarily, she could turn around and shadowport south. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

ArtDrake

I don't know how finely you want us to comb this .air version, but the "Back" buttons in the main menu are slow, taking slightly longer than two seconds to perform their action when returning to the main menu. This applies to the "New Game -> Main Menu" back button, the "Load Game -> Main Menu" back button, and the Tutorials back button.

When characters in-game talk to the Hero, using his name, non-standard Latin characters are removed, such as diacritically marked vowels. Jaköb Marlí, my character, became Jakb Marl as soon as Griffin started talking about him. Is there a way you can expand the alphabet?

The "steps left" marker for the Hero sometimes doesn't change when I walk during the first turn of the first two battles. That's as precise as I can do right now.

Stylistically, the background is purple, so if you're going to let people maximize the window, you might want to cover that cosmetically with something in order to maintain your game's professional appearance.

When I try to autosave load from death during the Warden bossfight, the scene reopens to the battle, with no Hero onscreen, no purple; just the sound of footsteps repeating over and over. It's no one's turn.

CraigStern

Nice job! I've now fixed all of those, except for Autosave loading thing and the Back button hang. I made some changes that I thought should have fixed the pause when returning to the main menu, but it remains. Not sure why. I'll see if I can figure it out, along with the issue loading a cut scene Autosave after battle.

Deagonx

CraigStern

Quote from: Deagonx on July 17, 2011, 03:26:54 PM
There are a few border bugs in the main room for crypt 3.

Whoa; weird. What exactly is happening between seconds 8 and 10? Are you pressing a movement key?

Deagonx

Yes, I was trying to activate that bug.

Also, I got both the pillars facing the owl, but nothing happens. I've tweaked them endlessly but it doesnt seem to be working.

Are you supposed to make them face the pillar or am I doing it wrong?

Ertxiem

Not really a bug, but more of an intimidating message that appears when you're installing an AIR application:
"Installing applications may present a security risk to you and your computer. Install only from sources you trust.
Publisher Identity: UNKNOWN
The publisher of this application cannot be determined.
System Access: UNRESTRICTED
The application may access your file system and the internet, which may put your computer at risk."

Is there a way to change that? It would be nice if "Sinister Design" appeared in the publisher name and the system access was restricted the game folder and its subfolders and without internet access. This if possible, evidently.

Other than that, I installed the game in both Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04 and the game is working but I didn't tried it for long (so, no bugs found for now).
Ert, the Dead Cow.