I’m pleased and excited to announce Sinister Design’s next game release: Telepath Tactics Liberated!
For those who never played Telepath Tactics, Telepath Tactics Liberated is a deep and engaging strategy RPG built upon the combat mechanics of Telepath games past, albeit with layers and layers of tactical depth poured on.
Featuring a cast of dozens of engaging characters, a well-told story, 72 classes, more than 150 skills, branching promotions, and mechanical depth still not seen in any other strategy RPG to date, Telepath Tactics Liberated is an SRPG fan’s SRPG.
Think Fire Emblem, but with trees and foliage you can hack through; the ability to place traps; the power to build bridges or barricades on the fly; the option to shove enemies off cliffs, to pull them into water or lava, or to hurl them into each other for crushing damage. All of that is here and more!
“But Craig,” you might say, “I played the original Telepath Tactics from 2015. What’s new in this remake?” I’m glad you asked:
- New hand-designed maps!
- New dialogue (including victory barks for each character)!
- New difficulty modes!
- 3D terrain! (Elevation effects no longer distort the map; characters visibly sink into water or lava and disappear into chasms.)
- Beautiful hand-painted portraits with varying facial expressions!
- Gorgeous HDR bloom lighting, attack effects, and particle effects!
- A more visually dynamic presentation with idle animations, animated water and lava, animated smoke, vegetation that moves in the wind, etc.
- More than 40 new skills to learn!
- More than two dozen new classes!
- Branching promotions!
- Special, hard-to-get items that let you promote characters early!
- Rebalanced characters!
- New items and equipment!
- 10 new status effect types!
- Smarter AI! (You will now get shoved off of cliffs if you’re not careful!)
- Support for saving mid-battle!
- A vastly improved user interface, including a dedicated shop interface and a dedicated promotion interface!
- A vastly improved camera system!
- Attack range is displayed when you click enemies, not just move range!
- Support for auto-move-and-attack!
- Improved backstab mechanics!
- The ability to shove characters into each other for damage!
- New music by composer Ryan Richko!
- Support for multiple different screen resolutions, including 4K!
- Proc gen reinforcement characters who can join you under certain conditions!
- A full-fledged campaign editing suite, not just a map and dialogue editor!
- An improved and expanded scripting system for modding your own game logic!
It’s hard to describe with a list–even a really long one–but the game just feels better to play now.
But what about Together in Battle?
Not to worry–Together in Battle is still coming, but will now be entering early access later in 2022. Since Together in Battle directly follows the events of Telepath Tactics, it simply made more sense to get the remake of Telepath Tactics out first. (And since they share an engine, all of the work I’ve put in to finishing up Telepath Tactics Liberated benefits Together in Battle as well!)