1. I’m trying to install a game, but it says the installer is damaged. How do I fix that?
Try setting your system clock back to 2016 and running the installer–this fixes it in 99% of cases! (You can safely set your clock back to the correct year once installation is complete).
If that doesn’t do it, make sure your antivirus software isn’t messing with the installation. (McAfee, especially, is notorious for this.) Disable your antivirus software and then try installing. If that doesn’t fix it, usually it’s because the installer didn’t download fully; delete it and try downloading it again. And if that didn’t work, then you may need to download the latest version of AIR.
2. I’m trying to install a game, but it keeps giving me Error #0. How do I fix that?
3. Who is Sinister Design, anyway?
Sinister Design is a one-man outfit consisting of Craig Stern.
4. So you make everything yourself?
I do most things, but I bring in contractors to help out here and there, especially with visual art and music. This lets me focus on the areas that I do best, like level design, coding, and writing.
5. Will you release another free game?
I’m focused primarily on paid games right now.
6. When are you going to finish the game–you know, that one game that I’m waiting for you to finish?
It’s generally impossible to know with any precision when a game is going to be complete. If I have a guess, however, I’ll most likely have posted it on the forums.
7. I’m stuck on this one mission in one of your games…
8. Can I make a Let’s Play / video review / first impressions video of one of your games?
Yes! Please do. I give blanket permission for anyone to stream, record, or otherwise make videos of my games. What’s more, I also give blanket permission to monetize those videos. My only request is that if you monetize video of one of my games, that you include a link back to the game’s official page so that interested viewers can buy it for themselves.
9. How do I capture video of your games?
For videos, I recommend using FRAPS or CamStudio. To capture video of Telepath games in FRAPS without dropping frames, turn on “Monitor Aero desktop” / “Monitor Windows desktop” in the General tab. (You’ll probably need to crop the video later if you recorded the whole desktop; there’s a variety of free software that can do this for you, like OpenShot.)
10. I want your advice on designing mechanics in my own game. Can you help me?
Perhaps! Email me to discuss my current availability and consultancy rates.
11. Will you have my children?
No–I can’t. I don’t have a womb. Unless you mean that you already have children, and you want to give them to me…in which case, the answer is still no.
12. A rabbi, a priest and a circus bear all walk into a bar–
That’s not even a question.
13. You’re right. I’m sorry.
This FAQ is over.