News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Effect Orbs

Started by SmartyPants, March 10, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favorite "effect" orb?

Crimson
Indigo
Green
Yellow

hellboy222

I go with yellow because you can dish out more powerful attacks more frequently.

Barzul

Green. Combined with my superstat Main, he can dish out damage anywhere in the map.

torugo

definitely green because that way you get easy back strikes
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Yellow orb. The recover rate allows me to do more powerful attacks.
When I have a superstat Main, then I agree that the green orb may be more interesting.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

The green orb allows for more battlefield coverage and can compensate the lack  effects of the yellow orb by letting the Main escape the enemy through running around and regaining PsP, whilst not coming under fire. For superstat Main I would say it is the best one. For a medium-stat Main, the yellow orb can be highly advantageous. For tackling the Psy Academy for the first time, the Inidgo effect is key quite a lot of the time (or, for defensively-minded players).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

I like green, because I'm always cold affinity, and it lets me get in the midle of everything and hit them with cyro cross a lot (I usually have the indigo and crimson orb too in TPA2).
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

For gold farming, I prefer using the Crimson Orb, because it allows me to kill more enemies in a shorter number of turn.

For missions, I prefer using the Green Orb for reasons mentioned by other green orb supporters.

Presentiment

Because Telepath battles are usually over in a few turns (and because I do not over-level my main), I use Green Orb.

Zackirus

I use the green orb mostly because I find that without it my hero is always stuck in the mud and buy the time he gets to all the action theres nothing left for him. With th green orb my her can easily eliminate most enemies. But with the yellow orb combined with spirts can give my hero Light Bombs more often. 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

lentro

I use Crimson Orb most of the time, it helps me get through battles much more quicker  and easier than any of the others since i mostly have my main in the center of the map with really high psp. So that leaves off yellow and green, and to be honest, I never paid attention to the indingo orb. Never bought it from gelf.

EDIT: I looked in the Orb walkthrough section and found what it did, I haven't seen festus slacking on his job so I see no reason to overcompensate healing.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

I only use the green; I've never had the yellow, I detest Pyro Hail and the Crimson, and I rarely use the Indigo.  The green is my favourite..
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Can someone post a list of pros and cons to the orbs, that would be a bit more helpful on establishing which is better for which person. Normally I am an all out attacker, so if I don't win quickly I won't win at all. Most of the enemies seem to like grouping in on my main when i send him out, so pyro-hail backs me up along with vengance. Maybe you're more conservative Bromtaghon, therefore you want more psy. But not everyone goes with the same fighting skill. Since I would do terrible with defence, I don't waste to much time on recharging except on boss battles. If my opponent doesn't die in the first attack, I send everyone at him until he does.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

Crimson Orb
Effect: Unlocks Pyro Hail
Pros: More damage, greater range
Cons: Can't use Pyro Blast anymore, Pyro Hail costs more PsP

Green Orb
Effect: 9 Speed
Pros: Greater mobility
Cons: None, other than no other effect orbs

Yellow Orb
Effect: Increases amount of PsP gained when focusing
Pros: Less having to rest to regain PsP
Cons: None, other than no other effect orbs

Indigo Orb
Effect: Changes Mind Shield --> Big Shield
Pros: Greater range, Hero can heal others more efficiently
Cons: Costs more PsP than Mind Shield
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Thanks Bromtaghon, it seems to me that Crimson and Indingo Orbs have the best bennefits but also come with bad side effects, they are also the only ones that effect what moves you have.