News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

I'm used to programming robots in C++. Where should I begin in flash?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

CraigStern

I'd recommend starting out coding in Actionscript 3. If you don't have Flash (it costs $699, but you can try it free for 30 days), here is a great website to help you get started making Flash games using Flex and other free tools: http://flashgamedojo.com

Cypher

Out of curiosity, what is the maximum number of lines that can be put in one single post?

Bromtaghon

Why are they Red Spriggats, Dark Spriggats and Frost Spriggats? Two are related to its colour and the last is about its element... they could be Red, Black and White, or Fire, Shadow and Frost...
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Dayn

How do you get too level 7 of Baz's cellar? I only made it to 3/4.

Bromtaghon

That should go in TSoG Walkthroughs.

[spoiler]
I'm pretty sure there's two secret things you need to press: one is a tapestry early on in the cellar, but you probably already found it.
[spoiler]
The other is a barrel, check the Titan Shield thread for more info.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Steelfist

How much of a profit do you expect to make from TSOG, and how much have you already made from TPA 2?

Of course, if you don't want to discuss that, I completely understand.

Cypher

Long time he hasn't been online.

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

Is it possible to create a stat that is the average of the active team's levels weighted towards the highest level?
I think including that stat in the damage formulas would better balance the enemies. As I frequently overtrain my main and leave the rest out, except for set and luca who I use to heal/recharge the main.

Bromtaghon

...Zhampir, I didn't understand any of that.
So, you're using some number based on how much you train your characters in the enemies' damage formulas? That sounds complicated...

Zhampir

It's not really... I'd write up a bunch of VB code to show you... I was just wondering if it'd be too much script to put into a flash game (trying to keep lag down) as that would mean it'd have to run about 9-10 more lines of script than it does now for every attack, also it could be implemented into the enemy's health system...

Bromtaghon

That might slow the game down a tiny bit, though.
How do you come up with plots for the Telepath series?
Can a unit have a counterattack that they can't normally use in-battle?

CraigStern

Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 03, 2010, 12:39:44 AMHow do you come up with plots for the Telepath series?
Can a unit have a counterattack that they can't normally use in-battle?

Second question first: yes.

I get plot ideas from all over the place. National and international political events, for instance, give me plot ideas. Other plot ideas come from history, and from thinking about the needs of the characters and how they would go about trying to achieve their goals.

Steelfist

I shall quote myself  :P!

Quote from: Steelfist on July 01, 2010, 11:23:16 AM
How much of a profit do you expect to make from TSOG, and how much have you already made from TPA 2?

Of course, if you don't want to discuss that, I completely understand.