News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

I agree, the second one is Pyro Hail, effectively, and it doesn't really make that much sense, as fire does spread out,and Spriggats use natural means to spread out the fire. I'd go with the first area attack- I certainly do think that a Red Spriggat teammate would need extra attacks in order to be of any use (why not have a Light Spriggat? That would open up quite a few possibilities).

I wonder if that be showing off, or a tiny dig at those who employ, on occaison, a stylistic anachronism? :P
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Kindle

How many light-element attacks are there? A Light Spriggat would be interesting, especially if they had something besides their element to set them apart.

Dorgon 5000

I think the light spriggats should be much harder than the others. That would make them feel more special.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on July 24, 2010, 12:15:16 AM
The Red Spriggat seems to have no new formulated attacks. I like the old area attack idea that MikeW781 brought up.
OOROO
OOXOO
OXXXO
What name did we decide on in the old forums for this attack?

KZ

Ohh, that's a good question! I tried accessing the old forums, but they're down again (surprise there)...
I don't think we quite settled on a particular name. How about Fire Gust?
(That's it, we talked about some wind-related names for those attacks.)

As for light elemental attacks, there used to be quite a few- Holy Blast, Laser Blast, Burst Shot, Shockwave, Light Bomb, Light Blast, not to mention the elemental shields. There is still room, however, for Light Breath attacks (we did suggest before that the Light breath could have be a status affecting attack, like Dark Breath, but instead of affecting the enemy AI in some way, it could be used to permanently reduce health, for instance, explained away as lingering radiation damage, and be quite a powerul attack). Overall, the Light Spriggat idea is highly popular, having been suggested at least twice in a major suggestion wave.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on July 24, 2010, 03:28:57 PM
Ohh, that's a good question! I tried accessing the old forums, but they're down again (surprise there)...
I don't think we quite settled on a particular name. How about Fire Gust?
The funny thing is that Fire Gust in the first name that came to my mind too.  "Gust" sounds like a word for exhaling.

bugfartboy

Umm... How about an attack for the hero like... Instability.
Cost: 20.     Range: 5 random spaces.     Damage: Random.

Duskling

The random spaces thing could be a problem, as some of us play with friendly fire on.

bugfartboy

True... Maybe it could be a ranged thing like a small number of spaces a distance away from you to contain the attacks. Kinda like light blast's range but none of the certainty that a specific enemy is going to get hit.

Duskling

But the random damage part is determined on die roll, right? Craig doesn't do die rolls anymore, as far as I know.

bugfartboy

Ok... Let me think of a formula... will post again later.

-Edited-

How about: Damage= (Psi Attack/2)+(Character Level+3)+Level of Attack.

That appealing?

Duskling

So, for example, if my Psy Power was 7, my character level was 7, and the level of attack was 7, then the damage it would do would be 31?

bugfartboy

Umm... Yeah... don't forget though. The original cost I thought of is 20. If you were unhappy with the damage being so high.

Duskling

It's ok, but wasting 20 Psy points for an attack that may not even hit is a bit of a hassle in my mind. How about maybe 15?

bugfartboy

I'm okay with that. But in the end it's up to CygnusStern to decide whether or not to add it and then what the cost is if he put it in.