News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

Nay for this idea, sorry. The idea of this game is to use more strategy and keep your teammates alive, not to have Griffin charging in blindly while Set sets up a shield around him. It sounds too cheap, even if we use 2 psy points per damage.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Set would need to stick his neck out too. He wouldn't be able to just sit in a corner, twiddling his thumbs, and protect Griffin, who is on the other side of the map, while Luca pumps him full of energy turn after turn.

Chrono

4 spaces is more than enough to do that. I'm pretty sure you still have other teammates to cover his back. Plus, by the time you get 25 Psy Defense, Set would probably have... 33 health, which is actually enough to last a while.

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

I think it almost time for this topic to retire.  The suggestions are getting worst and worst, because all of the good, simple ideas are already in the game or have already been suggested.  All the new suggestions are either overly complex effects that are not worth programming or they are over the top area attacks.

Idozen Cair

Actually, all those 'new ideas' should be retiring as the game is almost finished.
I doesn't care, do I?

Zackirus

I agree, if Craig wants to add any new attacks to the game, it will be from his own mind, not from this thread.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Not even if it's a new attack for Griffin called Chop where he hits the guy in front for double damage, and the guy to the left of him for regular---

okay... I agree; Craig's probably not going to get many any ideas from here in the near future.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on February 10, 2011, 09:55:10 PMThough to be fair, I think that Luca'ra'il needs to have Lucent Shield, and Malis should have Dark Shield, to balance out with La'Man and Naj...

Luca'ra'il: Light Blast, Light Bomb, (Nothing)
Naj: Frost Breath, Frost Breath 2, Frost Shield
La'Man: Fire Breath, Fire Breath 2, Heat Shield
Malis: Shadow Blast, Feedback, (Nothing)
I know we agreed to shut down this topic, because all the new suggestions were "either overly complex effects that are not worth programming or they are over the top area attacks", but suggesting Lucent Shield for Luca'ra'il and Dark Shield for Malis don't seem to fit either of those categories.  Both Lucent Shield and Dark Shield are reasonable suggestions and have already been created for Psy Fighters in TPA2 and for the Hero in TSoG.

Lucent Shield for Luca/Luca'ra'il:
Yay:
*Zackirus
*im2smart4u
*bugfartboy
*Chrono
*Steelfist
*Idozen Cair
*MikeW781

Nay:
N/A

Dark Shield for Malis:
Yay:
*Zackirus
*im2smart4u
*bugfartboy
*Chrono
*Steelfist
*Idozen Cair
*MikeW781

Nay:
N/A

bugfartboy

I thought I had given support to them but I vote yay for both.

Chrono

[/spoiler]

Steelfist

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

MikeW781

I support both ideas.
With 7 yay votes and no nay votes, I think im2smart4u can formulate the idea.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

So... hey guys, haven't been on in awhile. Distracted with a multitude of other things. Admittedly, mostly minecraft. Lol
Anyways last I remember I proposed an idea about buffs/debuffs on the basis of elemental weakness/resistance, and we were considering the possibility of mastering multiple elements, honestly I don't know how the game or the forums views have changed since then... and as I believe we were around page twenty of this one singular topic I don't really wish to read through all 40+ pages to find out... so I'm just going to throw out a few ideas here.

Shadow and Light
1st turn, charge Darkness (can more)
2nd; unleash darkness (applies Shade's Veil effect which grants a chance to miss upon victims, can move)
3rd charge and rest (can't move)
4th; unless Blazing Light (applies Whiteout effect which grants a chance to miss upon nor darkened characters, darkened characters will be instantly healed)
both effect will dimish with time as the effected's eyes readjust.

Fire and Ice
1st turn; absorbs heat into self doing frost damage
(absorbing can be done multiple times but energy gained from the same character will diminish)
2nd turn; unleshes stored heat (damage done is proportional to the amount of heat absorbed)
Notice, you could turn friendly fire on, absorb enough heat from your alies to kill them and unleash it all upon the enemy, a dark and dirty move used only by the most twisted of telepaths.

Idozen Cair

Eh... but haven't we talked about buffs and weaknesses already? I recall it was ultimately rejected.
I doesn't care, do I?