News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

What will your next update include? You have talked about a lot of stuff on twitter since you updated last.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

J_Light_G

I was using the map editor and when I set a reinforcement for a guy the counter for how many turns it would take for one to come back it didn't go away. Please can you fix this?

bugfartboy

We do have a BUGLIST. Just thought I'd let you know.

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on April 26, 2011, 05:27:46 PM
What will your next update include? You have talked about a lot of stuff on twitter since you updated last.

Go see for yourself. ;)

Gath

Hey, I'm a long-time fan, and finally decided to join the forums.

Anyway, on to the question: Will any TRPG or TPA game include the ability to play as a main who isn't a psy fighter, or even a human? I've often wanted to try playing as an archer or fighter, or even a Shadowling Enforcer.

ArtDrake

TPA2 did, so I, who am not Craig, don't see why not in the future.

CraigStern

Quote from: Gath on April 29, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
Hey, I'm a long-time fan, and finally decided to join the forums.

Anyway, on to the question: Will any TRPG or TPA game include the ability to play as a main who isn't a psy fighter, or even a human? I've often wanted to try playing as an archer or fighter, or even a Shadowling Enforcer.

Welcome to the forums! And yes--the next couple of games I have planned involve you playing someone who isn't a psy fighter.

Gath

Great! I'll check out the demo, and I'll be looking forward to those new games!

One more question though: How grind-heavy is SoG going to be? My main problem with TRPG2 was that the climax sort of got ruined, because you had to train for hours before you could beat the final battle. I've played the demo, and it has some grinding, but what about the rest of the game?

bugfartboy

Do you think you'll ever create a Telepath Psy Arena typed game for iPod/iPhone/iPad?

Zackirus

Quote from: CraigStern on October 23, 2010, 11:09:24 AM
You mean an iPhone/Android game? I've thought about it. I don't have any firm plans to do so yet, however.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

Quote from: Gath on April 30, 2011, 02:24:42 PM
[...]
One more question though: How grind-heavy is SoG going to be? My main problem with TRPG2 was that the climax sort of got ruined, because you had to train for hours before you could beat the final battle. I've played the demo, and it has some grinding, but what about the rest of the game?
On the "Normal" difficulty level, I was able to beat TRPG2 with little grinding. However, if you don't want to have any deaths in your team or if you're playing on higher difficulty levels, grinding may be necessary (or perhaps not, one member said in the old forums that he was able to beat TRPG2 without grinding -- I'll have to try it someday).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quote from: Gath on April 30, 2011, 02:24:42 PMOne more question though: How grind-heavy is SoG going to be? My main problem with TRPG2 was that the climax sort of got ruined, because you had to train for hours before you could beat the final battle. I've played the demo, and it has some grinding, but what about the rest of the game?

My goal with TSoG is for it to be beatable without any grinding. It might be difficult; it might require some strategy; and it might require you to rethink the order in which you approach certain tasks, but I want that to be possible. I've gone back in and adjusted enemy stats downwards several times during development specifically for that reason.

If you ever think a mission is not doable without grinding, I want to hear about it.

Zackirus

Has Lake Alto been de-mined by the time of TSoG?

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

How long until the downloadable demo is updated?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on May 02, 2011, 02:44:37 PM
How long until the downloadable demo is updated?
Craig's working on the full game now, so the chances of the downloadable demo being updated are between slim and none.