News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

What is going to be in the newest update?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

About half a dozen new character portraits, as well as a new quest or two. We'll see how much I can get done in the next couple of days!

CraigStern

In a sense, yes. Vibra is to Cera Bella what coal was to us in the 1800s.

CraigStern

Vibra is used in steam engines and boats, but not in energy golem lasers.

Chrono

Do the cards in Psy Duel work on a probability basis? I don't see Psy Healers or Fury very often (not on my plate, at least).
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

CraigStern

There is an actual, virtual "deck" that the game shuffles every time Psy Duel is played; that deck contains a fixed number of each type of card. The deck contains two of every type of card, except for Merchants and Smugglers; the deck contains 9 each of those.

Duskling

Quote from: CraigStern on December 03, 2011, 02:19:35 PM
There is an actual, virtual "deck" that the game shuffles every time Psy Duel is played; that deck contains a fixed number of each type of card. The deck contains two of every type of card, except for Merchants and Smugglers; the deck contains 9 each of those.
Should these cards be used up (Dark Vortex or Fury, for example) or killed (Any of the minions), do they go back in the deck?

CraigStern

The deck repopulates itself only when it reaches zero cards. So unless it's a long game, you shouldn't ever see more than two of the same card come up.

deathknight1728

Ok first off, i got into games like this from games like knights of the chalice (d and d tactical game). However i believe that Arena is better than games like those because of the originality and what you can do. My question to you is will your next project after Servants RPG be the telepath tactics ? If not or if so, how does telepath differ from arena? If its anything resembling the tactical approach of arena and servants, ill love it.

Thanks.

-Dave

Ertxiem

Telepath Tactics is presented in its About thread in these forums. You may want to take a look into that. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Hey Dave, thanks! I'm really glad you've enjoyed Telepath Psy Arena 2 so much. :)

Telepath Tactics will take place in the same universe as Telepath Psy Arena 2 and have a similar focus on turn-based tactics, but with a slick new engine and a focus on multiplayer play. (You'll still be able to play the game's battles against anywhere from 1 to 5 CPU opponents, if you want to go single player).

deathknight1728

Thanks both of you. I just watched the official video for some of the new classes. Is the game going to be official as in classes and everything are already designated? If not i have a few class ideas i would like to show that would make it even cooler.