News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Abortion

Started by Deagonx, September 22, 2011, 09:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoroq

Clearly we have some very opinionated people on both sides of this argument. It's left me thinking a few things.

@Deagonx: Why did you bring up this topic knowing that as soon as you drop the "a word" the s*** hits the fan? It's kind of like drinking a bottle of bleach and then asking a room full of people, "Hey, want a sip?"

@SmartyPants: From the start, this topic's potential for resolution was an unfathomably small fraction of a percent. Even for free, I'd pull the plug on that. ;)

@(The entire congregation): Did you ever really think there was any hope that this would end well? (FYI: There wasn't.)

You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

CraigStern

Quote from: SteelFist on December 15, 2011, 11:03:02 AMand how, in the name of your mononic deity...

Mind the forum rules. We do not insult other peoples' religious beliefs here. Stick to debating the ideas, please.

Steelfist

Oh, fine.

Aparrently, I can't slip in one jibe without admonition, and yet Deagonx and his fellow bible wielding fanatics can get away with calling evolutionism 'stupid' repeatedly, and Deagonx has no comment upon his infuriatingly smug signature. You realise that by insulting evolutionism he is insulting my religious beliefs (Or rather, my non-religious beliefs. Same difference, really)? And yet I recieve a somewhat superior 'mind your manner' reply - and not by a discreet PM, either - and his antics are benevolently ignored? Do I detect the stench of favoritism? Perhaps so. Furthermore, unless you had a point to make on the topic, did you not just flout your own 'stick to discussing the ideas' request/command?

Back to the topic.

@Shadowroq: No, I don't think any of us did. But, like most of the more active forum users, I am drawn to a controversial discussion like a moth to a flame. Normally, I don't post much, but sometimes a ridiculous comment (Such as Deagonx 'equal part' comment) will snare me, and compel me to post.

bugfartboy

Quote from: SteelFist on December 16, 2011, 02:08:35 PM
Deagonx and his fellow bible wielding fanatics
Interceding in my usual way, I'd like to mention that I find this generalization somewhat offensive, as I've been doing my best to stay out of this debate as a whole as of late. And the "fanatic" portion didn't help.

Quote from: Steelfist part 2
@Shadowroq: No, I don't think any of us did. But, like most of the more active forum users, I am drawn to a controversial discussion like a moth to a flame. Normally, I don't post much, but sometimes a ridiculous comment (Such as Deagonx 'equal part' comment) will snare me, and compel me to post.
I personally think that if you didn't see a bad messy end coming to this conversation, you are a hopeless person. But that's just me.

Anyways, I think I've drawn enough attention to myself.

Steelfist

True, I may have been a little extreme there; an irritated post is rarely a friendly one. My apologies.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say with this:

Quote from: bugfartboy on December 16, 2011, 04:27:19 PM
I personally think that if you didn't see a bad messy end coming to this conversation, you are a hopeless person. But that's just me.

What do you mean by 'hopeless'? I myself didn't see this ending well, as I said in my post, so I'd also be interested as to why you quoted me and not the original question (as it implies that it is aimed at me, hence the first question).

I'm somewhat confused. But that's just me.

bugfartboy

It was merely my goal to say that I saw that this would come to a messy end, in a roundabout way.

CraigStern

Aparrently, I can't slip in one jibe without admonition

Flaming is against forum rules. So, no.

and yet Deagonx and his fellow bible wielding fanatics can get away with calling evolutionism 'stupid' repeatedly, and Deagonx has no comment upon his infuriatingly smug signature. You realise that by insulting evolutionism he is insulting my religious beliefs (Or rather, my non-religious beliefs. Same difference, really)?

I don't read every single thing that gets posted on the forums; I simply don't have time to do that and also develop the game. I just happened to see your post. If someone else posts something you find overtly disrespectful, you should PM me so I can deal with it.

Since this thread has now devolved into people talking about how this thread has devolved, I'm going to lock it. If you guys want to talk about abortion itself again, PM me and I'll open it back up. For now, however: locked.