News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Will there be a vital character, such as a general, that must be kept alive to win?

CraigStern

Neither Last Man Standing nor Capture the Flag features that. I'm considering adding that in as a separate game type.

ArtDrake

Can the explosives have fuses, or must they be detonated by a ranged attack?

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on April 24, 2012, 03:40:32 PM
Can the explosives have fuses, or must they be detonated by a ranged attack?

The latter. Powder Bolt, as well as any fire attack, will detonate Charges in one hit.

aziz

Can metalists turn into one of the elementalists?

CraigStern

Nope: they're separate classes, and classes are fixed in any given match.

ArtDrake

So... is there to be any single-player campaign in Telepath Tactics, or is it all multiplayer?

CraigStern

You can play any of the game's battles in hotseat mode against one or more computer AI opponents. As for an actual, full campaign...I'm not sure. Telepath Tactics' focus is on individual matches, and right now that's where I'm focusing my efforts. It's possible that I might add a campaign at some point, but it's not top priority.

Steelfist

Apologies if you commented on this already, but do you intend to include 'veteran' troops, etc?

Tastidian

After I saw this I thought why didn't I see this coming seems like this would have been made a long time ago. I'm starting to picture what the game would be like if it was Total War style.

Ertxiem

I just took a look at the video and the pictures.
TT is getting a pretty good look and it seems rather interesting.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

I agree, Ert. I really love how TT is starting to look. Wish I could be in Chicago just to try it out. :/

I guess my question really was, Craig, "Will certain unit types be able to swim more than one space in a turn?" when I said swim faster than others.

CraigStern

It's not planned for this game. I might consider adding an item drop that makes swimming useable multiple times per turn, though. We'll see.

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 24, 2012, 03:33:02 PM
Will there be a vital character, such as a general, that must be kept alive to win?

This is now a game type! In a "Generals" game, each player gets a bonus character, the General, that he or she must keep alive. To defeat other players, take down their generals. ;)

CraigStern

"I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky...think about it every night and day...use some psy and Levitate..."