News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Henceforth, this shall be the official thread in which bugs present in pre-release Telepath Tactics builds are reported.

And the people rejoiced.

EDIT: The game is released! Retiring this thread now. :)

bugfartboy

When uninstalling the game, the game directory is left intact after the process is complete. Not sure if this is merely how Windows decides to uninstall software, but the TT Public Demo Installer makes a fuss over it when you go to re-install the game. It required me to open up Command Prompt and manually remove the directory before the installer would work again.

Ertxiem

Quote from: CraigStern on February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM
[...]
And the people rejoiced.
Yeaaaaaaaah! :)
And finally, a place for the TT bugs... look: one just arrived! :P

(OK, from now on I'll stick to the topic.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

I'm afraid it's an AI bug this time. I decided to start recording, albeit in a little low quality and FPS, when I play around. Caught this one in "Local Match".

After a while into the game, the AI will stop moving, stop using items, and just hang. The only way out is to force the game closed. Here is the last minute of 15 minutes of gameplay, if you'd like to see what I mean.

(Note: As of posting, the video clip is still processing through Dropbox. The link will be broken until it's done. Sorry.)

CraigStern

Thanks. In the video, the AI stopped taking its turn after using Steel Plate. Does this ever happen when the AI isn't using items?

bugfartboy

Yes, this has happened when the AI isn't using items. It's always been when I'm more than one turn's worth of movement away as well.

CraigStern

Ah, okay. This reminds of a bug I fixed a few weeks ago, but I can't remember if I fixed it before uploading the most recent version of the alpha demo. I'll look into it!

bugfartboy

If it isn't the same bug, I have a bit of an update. Turns out that this bug can happen near the start of the game as well, and yes it was right after the AI decided to use an item. Two turns in it decided to hang. Didn't get this one on tape, however.

bugfartboy

After a while into the game, the player loses all ability to move or use actions. The movement selection field doesn't appear, the action bar doesn't appear, and this lasts for the rest of the battle. It is possible to trigger unit movement by using rally.

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on February 23, 2013, 11:29:37 PM
After a while into the game, the player loses all ability to move or use actions. The movement selection field doesn't appear, the action bar doesn't appear, and this lasts for the rest of the battle. It is possible to trigger unit movement by using rally.

Ah, yes. This one, I've fixed; I just haven't updated the demo yet.

bugfartboy

Teaching a character "Explode" with a modded-in item (I called it a chest bomb) and then using it causes the game to become unresponsive.

CraigStern

Interesting; I'll look into that. Thanks!

bugfartboy

Quote from: bugfartboy on March 10, 2013, 03:24:13 PM
Teaching a character "Explode" with a modded-in item (I called it a chest bomb) and then using it causes the game to become unresponsive.

It only stopped responding the first time, every other time it worked fine. Not sure if I can replicate the bug.

CraigStern

Hm, okay. Do you know what was different the first time? Did the attacker die while using the attack? Was the attacker on top of a bridge?

bugfartboy

I'm trying to remember. The attacker didn't die, and the attacker wasn't on top of a bridge. It's worked in a lot of other circumstances, just not that first time.