News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wish List for Telepath Tactics

Started by Ertxiem, December 13, 2012, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

[When I saw what you had written about the restorative tiles, I got so excited I very nearly posted in the Developer's Log by mistake.]

You might guess what I would be very interested in seeing, as a direct consequence of this newest development [Of course, no pressure. You've already done so much to support customization and modification support].

Creating tiles that alter other stats and/or custom variables by standing on them. With other statistic-modifying tiles, you could create squares that ready a unit defensively and increase the amount of counters available to them, or make solid ground that makes characters unpushable, or, or... *mind whirrs and clicks with the sounds of possibility*.

Custom variable tiles could be cool for out-of-dialogue custom variable interaction -- a unit might stay at a shrine for a few turns to improve favor with a deity, or man the oars of a ship to prevent a pursuing fleet from catching up, thus preventing another more difficult battle... again, the possibilities expand without bound.

If this is difficult, or you feel you've devoted a satisfactory and reasonable amount of time to this sort of thing, I understand. [but it would be so cool!]

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on April 09, 2013, 10:03:59 PMout-of-dialogue custom variable interaction

This is already possible--just use the EndConvImmediately action after running the other script actions so no dialog window is shown.

I do still need to add location-triggered dialog, though, and dialog that can be triggered more than once per battle.

the_question

Quote from: CraigStern on April 09, 2013, 10:55:49 PM

This is already possible--just use the EndConvImmediately action

Seriously!  How do we get this type of stuff advertised more  :(  .  Like on your page on Kickerstarter?!?!  Should I start posting wish list items in the comments on Kickstarter so people can see this stuff?!

For real, this is great.  I...am gonna post on KS from now on. 

Zackirus

Hmm... I was reading the manual and discovered that TT has a fog of war aspect. I am wondering whether or not it is planned to have a Obfuscation-using (the practice of preventing enemy psys from locating or reading ones' thoughts telepathically) unit/class who has high perception, allowing the player to scout out the field for incoming enemies. Inversely, having a unit (or perhaps the same unit) that blocks enemies perception (mental perception at least) allowing for sneak attacks against the enemy.

The Nameless One does this in TSoG, so I wonder if it can be applied to the batteflied
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Interesting idea; I hadn't thought about that! I'll try to keep that suggestion in mind for the future. ;)

Jito463

Regarding the action bar.  I find it somewhat cumbersome to have to activate the action bar, and then to cancel it (or select move) to move a character.  It would be more convenient to always have "move" as an option when you select a character.  To deal with the "action" portion, make the action bar permanently attached to the bottom (possibly as a popup).  Or configurable as to where it's attached, for those who may prefer it on the side, or up top).  That way, every time you select a character, it shows their actions.

Also, it would be nice if we could still select a character who can no longer move.  I had one character level up after their turn finished, and I wanted to see the new options available, but I was unable to until their next turn.

Finally, it would be helpful - in cases where you just want to use a mouse - to be able to click off (either left or right) from a character, and stop controlling that specific character, without having to select a new one.  Preferably right-click, but possibly left clicking outside of their AoM (area of movement) would be practical, too.

CraigStern

Quote from: Jito463 on May 02, 2013, 09:02:34 AMFinally, it would be helpful - in cases where you just want to use a mouse - to be able to click off (either left or right) from a character, and stop controlling that specific character, without having to select a new one.  Preferably right-click, but possibly left clicking outside of their AoM (area of movement) would be practical, too.

That, you can do by either hitting Esc or clicking the middle mouse on an empty area.

Jito463

The middle-mouse I didn't try.  I knew ESC would work, but I was looking for a way to do it with just the mouse.  Thanks for the heads up.

Jito463

One more question.  Is there a plan to implement AI battles outside of the campaign?  Like a multi-player game, but with AI opponents.

CraigStern

Yes! Start a Local match and where you see "None" or "Human," set the player to "CPU."

Jito463

Oops, I hadn't proceeded far enough in to see that.  Meh bad. :)

Nendrel

Is there any way to load a previous mission at the campaign? "Load campaign" only loads most recent mission.

Edited: Will be support for translations? (I'm from Spain). If not, is there any way to contribute with it?

CraigStern

Quote from: Nendrel on May 02, 2013, 02:49:31 PM
Is there any way to load a previous mission at the campaign? "Load campaign" only loads most recent mission.

Edited: Will be support for translations? (I'm from Spain). If not, is there any way to contribute with it?

Manual saving and loading is not supported yet, but it's coming.

Localizations are something I'll be looking into after the release of the game. (Of course, there's nothing to stop you or any other fan from going into the files and translating all the dialog, item names, class names, and attack names!)

Quixzlizx

Are you planning on implementing windowed mode and the ability to choose resolutions?  I prefer not to have games take up my entire screen.  Thanks.

bugfartboy

You can press ctrl+F and put the game in windowed mode, provided you're on Windows. I don't know about Mac.