News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--you can now include custom sound effects within a custom campaign folder: stick each one in the subdirectory Data/Sounds, just as if it were an asset in the install directory.

CraigStern

--put in a procedure to have the game dynamically check for sound files before it tries to play them, thus preventing errors where the game freezes due to attempts at playing a nonexistent sound file.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which certain newly recruited characters (ones who weren't under your control in a previous battle) would not show up in the Reserve Supplies screen during deployment.

--recoded the function for generating the common inventory screen so it loads your characters in roster order rather than in order of appearance in the save file.

--updated the code for saving changes to the common inventory so as to prevent unintentional array coupling.

--fixed the properties for a few chasm tiles that the game was erroneously treating as regular dirt ground tiles.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the game would not load Header.png from custom campaign directories

--added documentation for how to package up a custom campaign to the game manual

CraigStern

--fixed another bug that was preventing tags reducing the cost and range improvements for promoted character attacks from affixing properly.

CraigStern

released version 1.035

--recompiling and uploading the version 1.035 Windows installers, as users reported getting an AIR-related error message for some reason

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the GiveItem script action would not "stick" if a character's personal inventory screen was open at the time the script action was run.

CraigStern

--did some more work on implementing a custom save file system for Telepath Tactics; this should hopefully address (or at least allow me to more easily detect and fix) problems brought on with saved inventories getting swapped, duplicated, or overwritten inappropriately in the current .sol file system.

CraigStern

--suspicious that array entanglement may be occurring during the game saving process, I created a new copyArray() function to detect how dimensions an array contains, break down the array to its smallest component parts, and push those parts to a new array with the same number of dimensions, then return the new array.

CraigStern

--abstracted the copyArray() and shuffleArray() functions into a general purpose ArrayManipulator class so I can use these functions anywhere I need to in my code, then implemented in the game's saving and inventory-building functions.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the the game would freeze at the conclusion of Annel Stormhunter's goodbye speech

--fixed a bug in which character portraits would sometimes get mixed up when swapping deployment tiles around a lot.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which a key with durability 0 (i.e. no use limit) would show uses left degrading into the negatives instead of just remaining at 0 after being used to unlock doors.

--fixed a bug in which non-equippable "triggered" items with durability 0 (i.e. no use limit) would show their uses left degrading into the negatives instead of just remaining at 0 when used in a character's inventory.

CraigStern

--fixed that annoying bug where you inexplicably couldn't drag a character out of the Characters in Reserve window and directly onto a certain deployment tile on the map.

--fixed an issue where hit detection was slightly off for deployment tiles dragged out of the Characters in Reserve window and dropped onto the battlefield.

CraigStern

--to improve performance, the game now automatically removes all listeners from all characters and objects on the battlefield at the start of a CPU player's turn. (It returns them to the battlefield when a human player's turn arrives.)

CraigStern