News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

No Adobe Air

Started by Hazzard, January 06, 2021, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazzard

The link to Adobe Air on the SoG page links to a blog post, which then links to an SDK for an Adobe Air program. Where can I find something that will make SoG work?

Lheureux

Why don't you use Adobe Air though? It's really easy to use and you can be as creative as you want with it. I'm using it since 2010 and it has never let me down. Soon I will start giving online lessons on Adobe Air from my property in Spain, you can join if you want.

Hazzard

I can't get a link to install Adobe Air. Everything redirects to a blog post saying Adobe Air is being taken over by HARMON. And I can only find a link to the SDK, not an installer for Adobe Air, or whatever will make the game run.

CraigStern

Ugh--I was not expecting Adobe to spontaneously remove all AIR downloads from the internet! Let me see if I have a backup of an AIR installer I can link.

CraigStern

While I look, there seem to be some sites mirroring the installer online that you can check out. Let me know if this TechSpot link works for you: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5059-adobe-air.html

Hazzard

I installed Adobe Air, tried the SoG installer, then got this error.

I then uninstalled Adobe Air, then installed it again and got the same message.

CraigStern

That one's covered in the site FAQ--set your system clock back to 2016 and run the installer--it should work. :)

Hazzard

Thanks, it's working now.