News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

shadowling life span

Started by torugo, June 03, 2010, 08:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torugo

something that has been bothering me is how old  a shadowling get before it passess away. if malis can live over 50 years and still remain young how old can one get in the senior age.
mock the pheonix you will burn

Duskling

I've noticed how many a post about Shadowling life have been made recently, but that's beside the point, most likely, they are around 1-30 when red, but that may change thanks to im2smart4u, 30-60 when purple, 60-85 or so when blue, and 85-x when green, and they should die, given that they most likely live longer than humans, I'd say they live up to maybe 120-150/200 years (unless they are at that very powerful level where they glow, then maybe longer).

SmartyPants

There is so little information on shadowling ages that any speculation on shadowling ages wouldn't even qualify as educated guesses.  One can make an assumption of shadowling ages when we see the color of TRPG2 shadowlings in TSoG.

Barzul

And besides, in the old forum we discussed it and it was decided that how healthy a shadowling is can affect their color. Like a shadowling in the army who is out doing things everyday and getting plenty of humans to eat will stay red for years longer than a sedentary, stays-in-the-cave-all-day and junk food eating (ha... maybe animal thoughts like shadow bugs are junk food to them) shadowling.

torugo

not everyone here was part of the old forums barzul

Barzul

I know.  ;) Thats why I posted the explanation.

Slstoev

Maybe it varies from wich brood or blood( or whatever they have instead of blood) or it depends how big is the shadowling but I also agree for the clor variations.
Who I am is not important, my message is.

KZ

From what was discussed back on the old forums, basing arguments on what we see of in TRPG2 and drawing on small details (like Cerzak and Gen Darkeye both going to the same Psy Academy), we collectively guesstimated that the Shadowlings can live for several hundred years. From TSoG we can see that Malis has participated in those beauty contests for about 50 years and drawing on the parallel with humans in real world, that would be talking about, typically, of a 10-15 year span? Still, im2msart4u is right- too little info to make any particular suggestions, but a lot of small details are indicative of much longer lifespans than those of humans.

PS
V  Yes, indeed, that was a typo.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 07:02:13 PM
From what was discussed back on the old forums, basing arguments on what we see of in TRPG2 and drawing on small details (like Cerzak and Gen Tastidian both going to the same Psy Academy), we collectively guesstimated that the Shadowlings can live for several hundred years. From TSoG we can see that Malis has participated in those beauty contests for about 50 years and drawing on the parallel with humans in real world, that would be talking about, typically, of a 10-15 year span? Still, im2msart4u is right- too little info to make any particular suggestions, but a lot of small details are indicative of much longer lifespans than those of humans.
Don't you mean Gen. Darkeye?

Tastidian

Has anyone ever thought shadowling years is different from human years? You know like dog and human years.

torugo

yes which is why i started this topic

KZ

That, Tastidian is, in effect, what has been under discussion: the fact that Shadowlings have a much longer lifespan and therefore it is possible, when we have more data, to form a simple y=ax relationship between the "human" and "Shadowling" year equivalents (like you do with cats, dogs and humans, translating "dog age" into "human age" by militplying it by some number).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

I thought that the whole human/dog year isn't exactly as simple as multiplying it by a variable? I think the variable changed over time or at a certain point, or something like that...

In any case, if any of the named Shadowlings appear in TSoG, we'll have some more information, but as of now, all we know is that Tastidian lived for at least four years, which tells us... absolutely nothing.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Tastidian

You know I noticed that malis said over the past 50 years she won three awards but that doesn't mean she existed that long. So our calculations here may not be that accurate. To me it seems from 200-2000

MikeW781

Quote from: Tastidian on July 06, 2010, 01:08:47 AM
You know I noticed that malis said over the past 50 years she won three awards but that doesn't mean she existed that long.
So....... you're saying that she can win awards but not exist?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!