News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--put in placeholder death monologues for Naila Hashmal, Oliver Spenks, Edwin Gabbergast, Sarn Kamina, and Siripent.

--increased the effectiveness of Weakened status; it now subtracts 4 from a character's strength instead of 2.

--did some work on finalizing the defensive battle to rescue Sarn Kamina; took Cloch out of the battle so that I might give him his own battle in the mines.

CraigStern

Battles currently in the game:

[spoiler]1--Training
2--Zash and Red
3--Adelbrae
4--Caravan
5--Rescuing Meridian
6--Battle with Gunther
7--Battle with the Prison Guard
8--Bandit Fortress Entrance
9--Bandit Fortress Exterior
10-Out of Food
11-Battle with Gulch
12-Five Guardians
13-Hills of Coria
14-Coria Bridge Battle
15-Coria Dogs Entrance
16-Coria Dogs Basement
17-Battle with Ebon Raban
18-Crypt Delving
19-Rescuing Sarn Kamina
20-Battle with Archos
21-Mine Entrance
22-Battle with Malcolm[/spoiler]

So by my count, we're now up to 22; that means I have three more battles to design!

--I just created a rough draft of battle 23.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which enemy healers would skip their turns if set to Passive and no enemies were within maximum attack range; they now check for allies to heal as normal, regardless of how far away enemies are

CraigStern

--finished the first complete draft of battle 19.

--created a bunch of new lava tiles for use in the mines.

--created new enemies that appear in the mines.

--finished the first complete draft of the final battle!

CraigStern

--finished up the rough draft of battle 23!

--fixed a bug in which a character portrait in the deployment screen would appear beneath the manage inventory button if you had more than 10 characters in reserve.

--fixed bugs in the Coria Dogs basement battle, battle 23, and in the final battle which would prevent the script that spawns enemy reinforcements from running more than once.

--the game is now playable from beginning to end! Granted, there's one more battle I would like to add, and there's about a half dozen cut scenes that need adding in order to clarify and advance the plot, and I need to create the game's actual ending, but: it's now possible to actually play through to the final battle and beat it, thus beating the game. This is what I was hoping to have done by the end of December, and I'm pretty proud of myself for hitting the goal. :)

CraigStern

--added the recruitment of Edwin Gabbergast to the game (you only get him if Louise is still alive).

--made it so Meridian learns Dark Breath 2 at level 7.

--changed the element of Charge from pierce to crush so that it is more effective against armored opponents.

CraigStern

--posted the monthly update

--added in a new cut scene further developing Lakshmi Bana

CraigStern

--worked on the third flashback cut scene

--fixed a bug affecting the Give item action in battles

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which using the Give item function would sometimes mess up a character's equipped items.

--fixed a bug in which a character's turn would not end normally after their weapon breaks in an attack.

CraigStern

--added two new cut scenes showing Silithis getting discovered, and then resolving her plot arc vis-a-vis Emma.

--fixed a bug which caused the game to simply end after the procedurally generated battle exploring the crypts.

CraigStern

--finished up the scripting in the battle against Ebon Raban to make enemies more proactive, and put treasures in the empty chests.

--created new status effect: Shining. This increases the target's Dodge by a flat 25% for 5-7 turns. This replaces the previous effect of Blinding Cloak.

--fixed an issue whereby the effects of Hardened would stack (even though they weren't supposed to).

CraigStern

--fixed a handful of bugs where the game would dead-end, or send you to the wrong scene

--made it so the game's AI now handles the Charge attack appropriately by checking to make sure the path to the target is actually clear first

CraigStern

--new script action: NextScene. Works the same as NewScene, but takes no parameters--it just immediately goes to whatever scene is specified in the current scene's nextbattle attribute.

--fixed the losing condition in the Battle with Malcolm;
[spoiler]if Harriet dies, she remains dead and the game continues without her.[/spoiler]

--made some changes to the battle with Archos; scripting improvements, added reinforcements

CraigStern

--completed the attack animations for the Caduceus; updated Vitalia Spring with the proper sprite

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the game would flip out if it couldn't connect to the internet on start-up and spawn an error window