News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--added tutorial text to the battle to rescue Meridian explaining that you can speed up enemy turns by changing the Character Move Speed setting in the Settings menu

CraigStern

--made it so the enemies in the Rescuing meridian battle lose their passive status one turn later than they used to, just to make the battle a little more forgiving

--in the first campground scene, added some code that makes it so Scarlet doesn't comment on characters who are dead or not recruited

--changed Sabrina's dialog in the Defend the Camp battle slightly to tip the player off that enemies are going to be coming from all directions

--added a couple of extras bushes and a boulder to the battlefield to make it a little easier to form choke points

CraigStern

--new script action: Tweet. Opens the browser to Twitter.com. One parameter: the URL to visit on Twitter.com, but using |s in lieu of forward slashes.

For example:

<Action>Tweet/share?text=I%20beat%20Telepath%20Tactics!%20Can%20you%20top%20my%20final%20score%20of%20-SCORE-?&url=http:||sinisterdesign.net|products|telepath-tactics|</Action>

will send the player to http://www.twitter.com/share?text=I%20beat%20Telepath%20Tactics!%20Can%20you%20top%20my%20final%20score%20of%20999?&url=http://sinisterdesign.net/products/telepath-tactics/.

--fixed the width on the portion of the common inventory screen which shows your team

--made the last wave in the Defend the Camp battle spawn one turn later to give the player a little more breathing room

--fixed a bug in which you could undo after going to the space where you rescue Meridian

CraigStern

--updated the objectives in the battle with Gunther Lathe to be more accurate.

--added a thief that shows up during the Mines Entrance battle with Leon Hart.

--rearranged some things in the Mines Entrance battle so that a solo assassin could conceivably slip in and get to the chest.

--replaced a bad tile in the first Coria Dogs fight

CraigStern

--fixed an annoying bug where assassins would remain deselected after using Leap

--added a bit of extra scripting to the ground level Coria Dogs battle, toughened up a few enemies to make it more challenging

CraigStern

--made Powder Bolt depend upon Crossbow

--tweaked the level at which Coria Dogs Thugs learn Mega Stab, for balance

--fixed two inventory bugs, including the major one that was periodically scrambling what items the character was equipped with (and even sometimes rendering the game completely unplayable) when players dropped character-held items in the common inventory during the deployment phase of battles! This took me several hours to hunt down and fix, but it had been plaguing me for weeks, so I'm super glad to have finally killed it. :D

CraigStern

--Lord Dakarai now starts with 12 strength instead of 11; he now learns Spin Saw 2 at level 6 instead of level 7; he learns Engine Boost at level 9 instead of level 10; and he now learns Self Repair at level 12.

--cleaned up some of the scripting in the battle with Umber Gnawbone.

CraigStern

--added Naila to Farasat and Gavrielle's endings

--added some code to efficiently dispose of bitmapdata from commonly appearing UI elements and free up memory as one plays

CraigStern

--worked some more on clearing UI graphics from memory to improve performance.

--changed the space info box from something you need to hold down Alt to see to an element that persists onscreen and can be toggled on/off by tapping Alt.

CraigStern

--I've received the last of the promoted unit animations; the Machinist and Whisper are now fully animated!

CraigStern

--added tutorial text encouraging players to tap Alt and use the space inspector to determine elevation and other space properties.

--the space info box no longer shows the properties of spaces concealed by fog of war.

--the space info box is now configurable from the settings menu.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which a character that falls down a wall and bounces off another character at the bottom could land on a space of much, much higher elevation than the one it bounced off of (sometimes resulting in the character ending up on the same elevation it had just been pushed off of)

--all of the spriggat breath attacks now have complete effect animations. This was the last of the art I was waiting for; there is no more art left to add! :D

CraigStern

--created Grapple Pull sound effects, added them to the game, synced up to the Grapple Pull attack

CraigStern

--added a bit of extra dialog to the Umber Gnawbone battle in which he explicitly comments on the assassins that are going to start spawning on the stairs.

--added a little bit of extra scripting in which Umber Gnawbone ceases to be in passive AI mode after he first attacks. However, I've also removed the Focus Pills from his inventory so he only gets two Light Bomb shots before he has to rest.

--fixed an inventory duplication bug in which characters that drop items into the common inventory would still retain a copy of the item.

CraigStern

--changed the contents of one of the chests in the final battle to something more useful in the context of that fight.

--changed the spawn location of Annel Stormhunter and his pursuers in the battle with Ebon Raban.

--added Eye Drops and Caffeine Pills to Sarn Kamina's merchant screen selection.