News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Lava kills any land based unit that starts a turn on it, rather than simply hurting it. Example: A bronze golem with full health gets pulled onto a lava tile, and dies immediately the next turn.

CraigStern

Whoa! That shouldn't be happening. I'll look into that.

bugfartboy

Graphically, the health bar drops the normal amount before vanishing completely. It's as if the game removes the character before checking it's health.

CraigStern

Hm. Well, whatever was causing that, I think I inadvertently fixed it, because it only happens in the version of the public demo that's online; I can't get it to happen in the latest build. So, uh, you know, I guess I'll update the demo. :D

CraigStern

That bug should now be fixed, along with a few others I caught. Try updating your demo. :)

Nendrel

Some bugs:

At third map (the river), the game hangs when i pull some units into water. Also in that map, after my turn, i could control one enemy unit and my units were like enemy units. I downloaded the demo at the kickstarter website.

CraigStern

Thanks for the report! When did you download the demo? Was it within the last two days?

Nendrel

Quote from: CraigStern on April 29, 2013, 07:04:06 PM
Thanks for the report! When did you download the demo? Was it within the last two days?

I downloaded it yesterday at kickstarter. Is there any updated version?
By the way I'll play it to make some screenshots (if i can reproduce the bug).

Nendrel

Here is the bug. I pulled a soldier into water, then I ended turn. The character dissapeared and only remains his directional white arrow. I marked it at the screenshoot. After this, the game crashes.

Edited: As the application.xml reads, I'm playing 1.14 version.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Nendrel on April 30, 2013, 04:52:46 AM
Quote from: CraigStern on April 29, 2013, 07:04:06 PM

I downloaded it yesterday at kickstarter. Is there any updated version?
By the way I'll play it to make some screenshots (if i can reproduce the bug).
That sounds like the most recent version to me.

CraigStern

StromIV

Don't really know how to classify this, and I might have missed if someone reported it.  This is from the KS version that was just released.  Got some weird bar that sort of cuts the characters to show the floor tile.

CraigStern

Whoa! Looks like somebody was screwing around with Emma's strength values. ;) I'll check into that.

Okay, never mind--apparently that's just a thing that's suddenly happening? Looking into it now.

EDIT: found it and fixed it. Ugh; I don't know how that one passed me by! I'll post again when an updated build is up--it should be in just a few minutes.

CraigStern

Aaaaaand the fixed installers are up; just download and Replace your install. Sorry for the inconvenience!

bugfartboy

A new bug and an old one.

New: Enemy AI is extremely abusive. At one point, the game skipped my turn twice in a row, allowing an enemy stone golem to push two of my units into lava before giving me my turn.

Old: It is possible to achieve a negative health value through the use of items (Such as adrenaline pills).