News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

A new engine!

Started by CraigStern, June 05, 2016, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Managed to find time to fix a few bugs and reconfigure the game's skill buttons so as to get around Unity's baffling inability to consistently display mouseover tooltips in the right place.

CraigStern

-- fixed some more bugs
-- improved the feel of screen-edge panning

CraigStern

A bit of a setback; the 3D modeller who was working on the 3D walls, bridges, doors, etc. has backed out due to family problems. I'll need to procure a replacement.

CraigStern

-- the game now generates a list of nighttime activities each character can perform, complete with modifiers based on personality and life background

CraigStern

I've made some last-minute arrangements to exhibit True Messiah at PAX West! This turned out to be way more time-consuming and difficult than I wanted it to be, but what can ya do. I also posted a job listing seeking 3D modelers to replace the dude who bailed.

--programmed shadowling portrait generation, now determining placement data for all facial features

CraigStern

-- completed shadowling portrait generation (which turned out to take more time than anticipated due to palette-swapping considerations)

CraigStern

-- shadowlings now have a somewhat less than 1 in 5 chance of having one or more horns generate as part of their portraits.

-- rejiggered the battle UI so that all buttons lie flat along the bottom of the screen instead of having a box always floating in in the corner.

CraigStern

Read through a bunch of emails from 3D artists interested in continuing the work on walls, doors, and bridges begun by the previous artist; wrote out an offer email to one of 'em, and am awaiting the reply. In the meantime:

--reconfigured the game's item boxes so as to get around Unity's inability to consistently display mouseover tooltips in the right place.

CraigStern

Corresponded with a 3D artist, wrote dialogue.

CraigStern

-- added attack barks to the game (i.e. barks occurring before a character launches a damage-causing attack)
-- characters are now generated with 2 distinct attack barks in addition to their 1 deployment bark, 3 victory barks, 2 heal barks, 2 build barks, and 1 defeat bark.

CraigStern

All right! I've officially hired a new 3D artist; also gave Ryan feedback on some new musical tracks he's been working on. :)

--reworked the code for self-move attacks in order to accommodate the new attack barks, as well as to accommodate proper evaluation of these attacks by the AI when calculating potential moves.

CraigStern

Did some lore work, detailing aspects of the geography for the next setting. More contractor feedback as well; sent out contract for the last set of modular portrait assets. :)

CraigStern

-- Cold attacks now create ice bridges whenever they hit a water tile.
-- the AI can now accurately evaluate the feasibility of launching self-moving attacks (like Charge)

CraigStern

-- performed preliminary work to create a Reserve Supplies screen.
-- added support for multiple different Reserve inventories, each associated with a different roster of characters.

CraigStern

--fixed serialization issues affecting various types of saved data to be tracked during a longer campaign

Heading to PAX West for a week or so; I'll be back to work and posting a week or two into September!