News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

Attacks can have the same area.  Melee, Knife Throw, Thresh, and Mind Blast, for example, or the four elemental blasts, Bow, Throw, Feedback, and Fling (or whatever Niven's range 2 attack is called.)  I don't find omnidirectional attacks overpowered, seeing as the user can quickly be surrounded if the attack didn't finish them off.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

Indeed, the balance on Vendetta is that it doesn't have the same reach as Vengeance, which can be crucial (e.g. if the Main had Vendetta instead of Vengeance, I wouldn't have been able to employ my strategy in the Nelis battle and keeping the Main far enough from Nelis to force her to use Fire Gate instead of Holy Blast), and, effectively, the same arguements for cons and pros apply when we compare and contrast the elemental area attacks. And, as Bromtaghon rightly put it, for this attack to have maximum impact, the Hero will have to surrounded by the enemies, which could make him very vulnerable to attack on the next turn.

Just to sum up, folks, so that ideas don't get lost.
7 people, without reservation, fully back the idea of Whirlwind to give Griffin. Methinks I'll soon be adding that to formulated, though if I get one or two more people backing it up, it would be great, as it will give more incentive for Craig to add it when he gets back from his vacation.

Then we have the Titan shield for Set, seeing how the Hero gets a Titan shield with an orb, and that the healer shouldn't really be inferior in healing qualities to the Hero. This will, along with recover, nicely set up Set with 8 attacks, Recover included and will compensate for lack of Set's own attacks and make him deployable throughout the field as, without Feedback/Vengeance/Vendetta, and only Big Shield, his real only option to self heal is quite PsP expensive (Big Shield).

Finally, we have the idea that the Red Orb could give the Main Vendetta (omnidirectional+1, feedback style attack) as an upgrade to Vengeance, since, from the looks of the Indigo orb, it seems that the orbs simply enhance the powers of the bearer, thereby not really specifically setting him/her up for a specific attack, but, rather increase the strength of the elemental attacks available to the bearer. Reasons to give this to the Main: well, given the increase in difficulty slope, and the addition of smarter AI, I think this orb will cut down the time required for players to farm for gold (one of weaker features of TRPG2 during mission 4-6 period).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

KZ

Ok, folks, can you kindly give in your last salvo of back-ups for any of the ideas above, and then some of them will go formulated!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Vendetta: Would like to see, no question. Should come as an orb upgrade, no question.

T.S. for Set: Maybe, it seems a little extreme, what with his already high caliber of healing attacks, Titan Shield would be a bit of a no-kill (anyone get that?).

Bromtaghon

The downside of Titan Shield is that it costs a lot of PsP.  I'd like to see Titan Shield for Set, but it should be learned at a very high Psy Defence level...

MikeW781

TS isn't extreme, IMHO its near useless because the attack rarely heals enough people to be worth the insane PSP cost. Its mostly in the intrest of having your healer be the strongest healer.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

I agree with MikeW781: Titan Shield isn't extreme, and Set should be a better healer than Duvalier.

KZ

Ok folks, I'll add all 3 suggestions in then to formulated!

Now that we've covered that, what else do you think is lacking for teammates?
Welcome to the forums!

Dorgon 5000

Well... Maybe an attack that reduces the enemy AI. The AI scales with difficulty, and going to a lower difficulty level whould be practical. Ultimately, they go back to Telepath RPG 2 level. As many attacks are meant to hurt the victim´s mind, that would be logical.

fallenangelvlad

How about an attack where u can brain wash the enemy to put them on ur side purmitly and, where u can bind ur soul to anyone so only if the person that ur sole is bound to and u are killed would u and them acually be killed and u can do it to at least 2 people, or a necromancer attack, or dark fog that kills the enemy and it has a chance to make them into a shadowling or blind or paralized and diffrent effects. i have so many ideas if u want more just ask me ill be happy to help
The telepath game is the best game ive played yet!!!!!!! :]

Duskling

Well, for starters, we can't have insta-kill attacks. Nor can we make something like a scorpion on our side permenantly (just an example). No offense, but could you try to make those attacks more realistic for the Telepath series?

SmartyPants

vlad's attack ideas deal with magic which does't work in a non-magical world dealing with Telepaths.
Most of his attack ideas deal with messing with enemy AI which Craig said he doesn't like to mess with.

MikeW781

Quote from: fallenangelvlad on July 23, 2010, 04:21:40 PM
How about an attack where u can brain wash the enemy to put them on ur side purmitly and, where u can bind ur soul to anyone so only if the person that ur sole is bound to and u are killed would u and them acually be killed and u can do it to at least 2 people, or a necromancer attack, or dark fog that kills the enemy and it has a chance to make them into a shadowling or blind or paralized and diffrent effects. i have so many ideas if u want more just ask me ill be happy to help
That goes down as the most spelling and grammar mistakes I have ever seen in one post. Please at least make some attempt to fix it.
Also, I agree with im2smart4u and Dusk- the ideas (which I only understood after re-reading your post several times- are not compatable with the TsoG game. As for why not, look at their reasons and read some of the posts in this thread. This will show you how to suggest ideas, and what is reasonable and acceptable.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

cyso

The Red Spriggat seems to have no new formulated attacks. I like the old area attack idea that MikeW781 brought up.
OOROO
OOXOO
OXXXO
and the other one
OOROO
OOXOO
OXXXO
OOXOO
Though I personally don't too much care for the name fire spew, I think it makes sense. After all, fire does spread out after traveling some distance.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

algebra15

Isn't the second one basically Pyro Hail? if the user is a Red Spriggat.

Note: This is not a grammatical error. The question mark can be used mid-sentence, it's just a bit archaic.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!