News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

What about restricting movement a little? If it's unbreakable, wouldn't it be fitting that the one it's on has to carry the weight until it vanishes?

Zackirus

Then I think it should atleast bring the affected person's speed down by 1 or 2
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Thank you. Someone sees me. I like the shield. We just need a price.

Zackirus

Unbreakable Shield
Set with create a shield so powerful it will be able to deflect any attack off without harming the one with the shield. Altough it only lasts for one turn and one time only.
Range:1
Effect: The person who gets the shield cannot be harmed by any means of attack. It only lasts for one turn and one time only. This shield reduces the affected person's speed by 1
Cost: 10

What does everyone think?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Up the cost to like 15. And I think it should be useable more than one time.

Zackirus

It can be used more than one time, the effect lasts for only one turn/attack on your character. I think 12 is pretty fair.

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

I'm assuming that the one inside the unbreakable shield can still attack. That would be a nice feature.
Reducing the movement by 1 makes sense. However, the TSoG engine might not be ready to increase the movement after the effect has passed.

The unbreakable shield is useful for preventing a character of being killed when surrounded by enemies. I'm thinking of Arman or Malis, that have high movement and are useful to back-stab an enemy can end up surrounded by enemies.
Nevertheless, being active for only 1 turn reduces it's usefulness and I think that in the short run the result would be similar to using a static shield (with the static shield giving an advantage in the long run).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Hmm... Maybe it could have a lingering effect that acts similar to static sheild except not such a big HP boost.

Zackirus

I'm thinking around half the amount mind shield would give the target

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I meant static shield. The effects linger slightly boosting max health by half of static sheild.

Zackirus

That's what I meant the shield would also give you health half of what you would recieve for mind shield

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Hmm... I dont know. Sounds okay.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 17, 2010, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on August 17, 2010, 03:41:09 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 03:35:41 PM
Therefore they all get the same amount of damage. And in the vortex, who said the most was in the middle?
Read anything about Vortexs, Twisters, or Hurricanes.
Yeah. The eye of the storm is the safest place. Read
Its a silly thing to argue about anyways
I live along the Gulf Coast, so I know Hurricanes (I have been hit by one tropical storm and two hurricanes in my lifetime).  Yes, the eye of the storm is the safest place, but the wall eye has the fastest winds.  Also, there is no eye in a small vortex, so the center of the Dark Vortex would rotate the fastest and would cause the greatest damage. Read

I don't see the point of Disappear.  If Arman doesn't want to attack, then he should uses his high speed to retreat and gather PsP.

Unbreakable Shield does the same thing as Static Shield.  They both allow the teammate to take another attack, so what is the point of Unbreakable Shield.

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 11:09:50 AM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman
With KZ gone, should Ertxiem formulate Piercing Throw?

bugfartboy

The difference between unbreakable shield and static shield is unbreakable shield is, well, unbreakable for 1 turn/1 hit. Static shield just ups HP.

Cypher

I suggest we change the name Unbreakable shield. We should at least see what other names we can come up with.