News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 20, 2010, 10:08:08 AM
Boost: Luca doesn't just supply Psy Points anymore. She now helps teammates focus to the point where they can store even more PsP.
Element: Mental
Range: 1 Space
Cost: Psy Power + Boost Level + 5
Amount Transferred: (Psy Power + Boost Level)/2
Status Effects: Target's max PsP increases
Ertxiem, is this better?  I don't think we can sacrifice Luca's health when she already is a low health teammate.

Why does the cost go up with the Psy power can skill?
Huh?

Cypher

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 13, 2010, 10:55:14 AMAn alternative for Boost could be the ability to increase a target's Psy Power. This could increase the damage of attacks, the potency of shields, and the amount of stored PsP. This form of Boost is similar to Fury.

Boost:
Range: 1 space
Cost: 6
Status Effect: Target's Psy Power increases by 1
Why the second one?

Zackirus

Because I like the attack fury and that is what it is!

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 20, 2010, 10:34:17 AM
Boost: Luca doesn't just supply Psy Points anymore. She now helps teammates focus to the point where they can store even more PsP.
Cost: Psy Power + Boost Level + 5
Ertxiem, is this better?  I don't think we can sacrifice Luca's health when she already is a low health teammate.

Why does the cost go up with the Psy power can skill?
Huh?
The cost for the move is [Psy Power+ Boost Level+5]. This means that as Psy pwer and skill increase, the move costs more than it transfers. It doesn't make sense that she looses Psp during the transfer. I didn't make any sense before, sorry 'bout that.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 20, 2010, 11:52:18 AMThe cost for the move is [Psy Power+ Boost Level+5]. This means that as Psy pwer and skill increase, the move costs more than it transfers. It doesn't make sense that she looses Psp during the transfer.
Transfer doesn't cost Luca any PsP other then what she gives away.  Unlike Transfer, Boost requires spent PsP to increase the focus power of the teammate.  I don't like the +5, but others have asked for it to cost Luca more PsP.

MikeW781

I meant that every increase of psp power adds 1 point to the cost, but 1/2 point to the amount transferred

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 20, 2010, 01:04:10 PM
I meant that every increase of psp power adds 1 point to the cost, but 1/2 point to the amount transferred
Yes, and your point is?  The better Luca is at Transfer, the more she PsP she loses.

MikeW781

Yes, but its an equal transfer- the cost= the amount given. This way, the cost is more than double the amount given. Where does the extra Psp go?

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 20, 2010, 04:08:42 PM
Where does the extra Psp go?
Increasing a teammate's mental threshold cost PsP itself.  Boost is more than transfering PsP.

MikeW781

True. Sorry for taking a while to really make my point. Must be having an off day  :P

SmartyPants

Based on the poll's results Boost 1 is the clear winner.  Does anyone think this attack shouldn't be formulated?

Cost: Psy Power + Boost Level